Hello

Ariana0902

Jul 20, 2010
Michigan
Parrots
One Green Cheeked Conure.
Hello everybody.

I was looking for a forum and came across this one and I am glad I did. I am considering a Green Cheek Conure and was hoping to find some information here.

I have had little finches and parakeets before and would like to take a step up. I orginally wanted a bigger bird such as an Amazon or African Grey, but figured I would start of with a bird a little smaller.

It may be a while before I get one which will give me plenty of time to learn more about them. If anybody here owns a GCC or has owned one, I will greatly appreciate any advice! Thanks! :)

- Ariana

PhiliciaR

Jul 20, 2010
Media
Parrots
Dusky-headed Conure
Hi. I recently purchased a Dusky-headed Conure, a close cousin to the GC.

Im am still learning about this wonderful companion.

Good luck on choosing your new best friend. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Great to have you joining us :)
Browse around, much to interest you I am sure.
I am a guardian to an AG Mishka, amazing birds, BUT then ALL our birds are :)
Exciting time, wanting to choose a bird, great that you are doing research beforehand.
Good luck :)

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful members here. I don't have a conure, but lots of members do; I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

OP
A

Ariana0902

Jul 20, 2010
Michigan
Parrots
One Green Cheeked Conure.
Thankyou everybody for the welcomes. I have already learned lots of information!

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Welcome to the forum Ariana :)

GCC's are an absolute joy. My GCC Hiroshi loves cuddling, scritches and being silly. They are definitely "big birds in a little body". Hiroshi also mimics me and makes kissy noises and a clicky noise I taught him. Not sure if he will start talking although many do :)

GCC are though of as "quiet" birds. Remember this is usually meant "quiet in comparison to other parrots". Every bird is an individual, Hiroshi is loud.

Get ready for "beaking" especially if the bird is young, molting or hormonal. This is a normal "exploring" behavior and should not be discouraged. Unfortunately they beak HARD sometimes. You don't think with such a little beak they could do much damage but Hiroshi has broken skin twice.

Good luck :) Being a "parront" is such a rewarding experience!

Most Reactions

Latest posts