Hello!!!!!

peachytaco

Sep 11, 2015
Macungie,PA
Parrots
A lovebird Peachytaco
Last night i became an owner of a lovebird someone no longer wanted. I have pics on my phone i will have to upload them here. His name was originally Peachy but i added taco :) He seems very afraid and has bit me already. Lol. I need advice....should i get him a companion or can he do ok on his own? Im home all the time and i would rather bond with him but i want to do the right thing for him, if i get another lovebird he wont bond with me correct? He is only 6 months old. Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello, Welcome to the forums! Congrats on the newest addition to your family!

It's normal for any bird in a brand new home to be nippy at first. We have a great group of Lovebird enthusiasts, I'm sure they will be along to answer your species specific questions.

OP
peachytaco

peachytaco

Sep 11, 2015
Macungie,PA
Parrots
A lovebird Peachytaco
Thanks Allie. Well the previous owner told me its best if I handle him even if he doesn't want to be handled. Wasn't keen on that idea. But I gave it a shot and got my deserved bite. Right now I just have his cage near me And just talk to him softly.

Most Reactions