Hello

PonchosMommy

Aug 12, 2016
My little family has recently inherited Poncho, a double yellowhead amazon. Poncho was my husbands father's bird, and before he had him, Poncho was owned by their cousin. Poncho is 12 years old. My husband began "bonding" with Poncho when he went to check on the animals at my in-laws house when his father was in the hospital. His father died several weeks later in June 2016.

Poncho is our first bird and we are taking it very seriously (I'm slightly Type A anyways). We made sure that we had a complete set up for him before we brought him home. Hopefully things will work out as they seem to with everyone else when it comes to the clicker training. Any helpful/hopeful posts are sure appreciated! I can't handle him yet, but still love my pretty bird.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
So sorry for your loss, and... happy for your gain. I'm so very glad you could offer the bird a home.
We take our birds seriously here, too! You'll fit right in!
There are plenty of Amazon brainiacs here, too.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and a warm welcome to you and Poncho! I'm very sorry for your family's loss. It was very kind of you to offer Pancho a loving home! Thank you for taking his needs so seriously.

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Sorry for your loss, but you will get much joy from Poncho, I'm sure. Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Poncho!!

Very sorry for the loss of your Father in Law. Thanks for caring and giving Poncho a nice home.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us. This is the best place to learn all about keeping Poncho happy and healthy. I'm sorry to hear of the loss in your family.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome to you and Poncho!
I am so sorry for your loss, but am glad Poncho came to live with you. Wishing you the best of luck with him and I look forward to hearing more about him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts