Hello!

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019
Noooo you should be able to do it on the free version. I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I found it!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
bea8b2e50aa60e37f667352bfdcaad10.jpg

This is his morning look [emoji4]

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome.

Budgies are the best. So much parrot in such a precious little package. I would have a rainbow of them if the Rbird would let me.

Groot looks to me (in that last picture) to be saying "Am I still dreaming? Is this really my home?"

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019
Welcome.

Budgies are the best. So much parrot in such a precious little package. I would have a rainbow of them if the Rbird would let me.

Groot looks to me (in that last picture) to be saying "Am I still dreaming? Is this really my home?"
Thanks! I just love him [emoji4]

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019
Does anyone know.....is it ok to use a pressure cooker when you have a parakeet? Our kitchen is at one end of the apartment and the living room is at the other end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
West Central Louisiana, originally from Portland O
Parrots
2 Budgies
"Southern Belle" a blue female
"Beau Dandy" a green male
Don't worry about them being veggie shy too much, my two budgies still won't eat them from my hand either, just keep trying, sooner or later they will figure out your giving them treats, not poison. Welcome aboard, can't wait to see pictures of Groot

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019
Don't worry about them being veggie shy too much, my two budgies still won't eat them from my hand either, just keep trying, sooner or later they will figure out your giving them treats, not poison. Welcome aboard, can't wait to see pictures of Groot

Thanks

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019
His new and improved swing! [emoji4]

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Iike! I saw at the store and thought about getting one! Great to see your little cutie! Try hanging a whole leaf near a perch. Mine won't eat them any other way.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Does anyone know.....is it ok to use a pressure cooker when you have a parakeet? Our kitchen is at one end of the apartment and the living room is at the other end.

I think use of a pressure cooker is acceptable given a few assumptions. Pressurized steam is extremely hot, must ensure there are no Teflon or PFOA coated parts. Temperature would likely reach the point of releasing gasses deadly to avians. Aside from the chemical issue, pressure cookers must be properly designed and maintained with relief valve(s) to prevent an explosion capable of flinging high speed projectiles.

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019

I think use of a pressure cooker is acceptable given a few assumptions. Pressurized steam is extremely hot, must ensure there are no Teflon or PFOA coated parts. Temperature would likely reach the point of releasing gasses deadly to avians. Aside from the chemical issue, pressure cookers must be properly designed and maintained with relief valve(s) to prevent an explosion capable of flinging high speed projectiles.

Thank you! I think I’m gonna look into buying a stainless steel inner pot to be on the safe side. Because the inner pot it has is a Teflon coating.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Thank you! I think I’m gonna look into buying a stainless steel inner pot to be on the safe side. Because the inner pot it has is a Teflon coating.

Thanks, Teflon + superheated temperature is a deadly combination!

OP
kimberlymk

kimberlymk

Oct 10, 2019

Thanks, Teflon + superheated temperature is a deadly combination!

Thanks! The pressure cooker is out.

Most Reactions