OP
lizard

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
She's gone. I can't believe it. She got worse so quickly. She was doing OK and made it through the first night I thought for sure with the vet's help she'd pull through.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I am sorry for your loss:( I would urge you to get the male in for testing and treatment asap before he gets sick and is too far gone to save.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
And you don't have any other birds right? New cage, toys, etc? If that's the case then it's not hard to know where the disease came from really....I'm very sorry to hear about her passing.....

OP
lizard

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
Her detailed blood tests won't even be back until tomorrow. Everything I got for them was brand new. I had so much time to wait for them all I did was study their needs and dangers. My poor Jack. I wonder how he'll deal without her. He'll be at the vet as soon as she can see him.

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Oh my gosh, she was so beautiful that is a greek tragedy if I ever saw one. I wonder what it was???

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I have very recently lost an ekkie myself, and I know you must feel inconsolable right now.

I'll keep you and Jack both in my prayers. I'm hoping he doesn't have it as well, but if he does at least he's not yet showing signs. Could be he'd get treatment early enough to make all the difference.

Just be sure to sanitize everything as soon as possible. And again, my deepest condolences.

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I am so sorry. I know there is nothing we can say to make you feel better but please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

OP
lizard

lizard

Dec 2, 2014
Emmaus, PA
Parrots
Jack, SI Eclectus
Apollo, Golden Conure
Thank you all. I cleaned every inch of the cage last night and found a little blue feather. :(

I'll update as I get more information. If we don't get answers today, I'll be sending her for a necropsy.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know your beautiful girl will be missed. My thoughts are with you and Jack.

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Oh my goodness, my heart and prayers go out for Jack. Have you contacted the breeder about what happened?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Oh my goodness, my heart and prayers go out for Jack. Have you contacted the breeder about what happened?

Baby birds are very fragile things, and especially susceptible to viruses... they go downhill very quickly, sometimes even with prompt vet attention, which she got...

You did your best. Sorry for your loss.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I'm so very sorry to hear about her :( I hope that your boy is okay and that you can find comfort in each others' company during this very difficult time.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
I'm so sorry for the loss of your little friend. I know this is very hard, but you did what you could. *hugs*

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
This is terrible news, I'm so sorry for your loss. Everything is crossed that the cause was something that will not impact on Jack.

Most Reactions

Latest posts