Help, he fell in the sink!

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
Jack,just fell in the dish sink with bubbles! I panicked and doused him under the running water, is he going to be okay? It's Palmolive dish soap.

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Don't panic. Oiled birds are usually washed with Dawn. If he didn't drink it and it didn't get in his eyes he's fine.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm sorry poor Jack had an unscheduled bath. You did the right thing by dousing him immediately. You need to be sure all the soap is washed off completely, it can irritate the skin. Do you know for sure if Jack got water up his nose or in his mouth? Watch closely for breathing difficulty or diarrhea and if he has either one I would take him to a vet. If he appears to be completely normal and active with no signs of stress, he will probably be fine.

OP
BirdSquawk

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
Thanks for the help, I don't believe he got any in his face, the water was very foamy and I only saw it on his body. After I initially washed him off, I took him to the bathroom and really soaked him. After a couple hours he was dry and eating his dinner, so I hope he is okay. I think I kind of overreacted and freaked out, I hope he can forgive me!

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
A similar thing happened to Alice just the other day. Fortunately just her back half went in but I stuck her under the tap and rinsed her off thoroughly and she was fine. She's been eying the tap with considerable suspicion since though!

Most Reactions

Latest posts