help me!!

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
Evanskiver has once again stepped up (and made me cry lol). Thank you so much!

Megan

Rrussel9

Nov 27, 2012
Villa Rica
Parrots
Tyrael-Alexandrine
Reptar-White Fronted Amazon
Holly-Congo African Grey
I'm Evanskiver's SO, he can be a pretty nice guy sometimes :p lol I'm just kidding. I am so glad to know that you're taking care of this poor baby and it breaks my heart to hear about what has happened. If you could keep us updated on her progress and stuff if it isn't too much to ask. It is such a relief that you are providing care for this baby. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
Im trying to upload some photos, but Im full? I dont know how to delete the previous ones. Could someone direct me where to do this?
Thank you!

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
Thats not working. I have it saved on my hard-drive, I dont have a link for it.

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
You dont have to have one. Just right click and copy, then paste.

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
I'm Evanskiver's SO, he can be a pretty nice guy sometimes :p lol I'm just kidding. I am so glad to know that you're taking care of this poor baby and it breaks my heart to hear about what has happened. If you could keep us updated on her progress and stuff if it isn't too much to ask. It is such a relief that you are providing care for this baby. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

You guys have given me more faith in the human race. Its hard to stay positive when you are faced with things like this. You mean the world to me, and to Meia.

We named her Meia, because it means courage!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Completely disgusting what her previous owners did (if it was in fact them). She's looking great though! I'll be keeping her in my thoughts when she goes through surgery!

Rrussel9

Nov 27, 2012
Villa Rica
Parrots
Tyrael-Alexandrine
Holly-Congo African Grey
You guys have given me more faith in the human race. Its hard to stay positive when you are faced with things like this. You mean the world to me, and to Meia.

We named her Meia, because it means courage!

It is tough finding people who understand why we do the things we do. Someone (I'm lookin at you Evanskiver!) looked at me crazy when I brought home a lost dog to take care of, I would hope that someone would take care of my babies if they were out lost and scared. We have now agreed to get our birds micro-chipped in case something like this happens to us.

That is a wonderful name you have picked out! And such wonderful pictures! She looks just like my Tyrael, just smaller. That poor poor baby :[ it breaks my heart to think about the trouble she's been through. It makes me feel so much better knowing that someone as nice as you is taking care of her!

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
Ya, Dave thought I was completely nutts to drop everything and drive out in a snow storm to get her, but he knows me. Once he saw her, she had his heart too.

Rrussel9

Nov 27, 2012
Villa Rica
Parrots
Tyrael-Alexandrine
Holly-Congo African Grey
Story of our lives... Haha. It is a good day when we go to the pet store and don't come home without an animal.

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
Story of our lives... Haha. It is a good day when we go to the pet store and don't come home without an animal.

I do my best to stay FAR away from pet stores with animals inside. I never go alone! I also avoid kijiji, craigslist etc. It's easy to become overwhelmed, and thats not helping anyone, least of all the birds.

Evanskiver

Jun 11, 2011
Villa Rica, GA
Parrots
Tyrael - Alexandrine
Reptar - White Fronted Amazon Rescue
Perhaps if you didn't have a track record of keeping every animal you "helped" you wouldn't get those looks :) We only have 4 cats, 3 birds, 2 dogs and the cat you are trying to adopt outside lol. I work to feed my zoo :p

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
Perhaps if you didn't have a track record of keeping every animal you "helped" you wouldn't get those looks :) We only have 4 cats, 3 birds, 2 dogs and the cat you are trying to adopt outside lol. I work to feed my zoo :p

I suspect you and Dave would have a lot in common. You could probably complain about your crazy animal-collecting ladies all day!

Evanskiver

Jun 11, 2011
Villa Rica, GA
Parrots
Tyrael - Alexandrine
Reptar - White Fronted Amazon Rescue
That is probably true lol. Has there been any more help? Is the rescue covering anything?

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Where is the donation link? I'm not able to give much, but I want to help with something. I just caught up with the rest of this thread All the while Pritti is sitting here on my lap, holding my finger with one leg and having fun with the cloth tags of an old shirt that is lining my lap. We've been sitting like this for about 15 minutes and I was thinking how sweet it is the way he holds my finger, like we're holding hands, lol. Then I saw the details of little Mela's leg and ordeal. Thanks for posting photos. What a brave brave girl she looks like. Seriously, she looks strong and proud and pretty content considering....

What is the vet's prognosis. Don't forget, the vet's assessment of recovery is always skewed by what s/he can't factor in -- tons of love and touches.

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
She will get the surgery, I will make sure of it. She has been surrendered to the rescue as I dont have enough experience/time to help her recovery. She currently needs 24 hour care, and will continue to need it until she recovers completely from the amputation. I have a red belly, but we have only had him a couple of months and my experience is very limited. I have no experience dealing with sick or injured birds. I have indicated that after the surgery I will be happy to provide her with a forever home, but if the right adoptive family comes along, I want her to go to the absolute best home for her needs. So far we have $300 which is a huge help. All together, including all care I expect the ordeal to cost over a thousand dollars, with the surgery itself estimated to cost around 500. The rescue has so far covered everything, but they are asking for donations as they are currently at capacity, both physically and financially. Its not for profit and from what I can tell, run entirely by a few very dedicated individuals. I could not have done this without them. Since I officially (in writing) took ownership of the bird, they could easily have refused to help at all, and I would have had to cover these costs by myself. Dave and I are obviously donating above the 300 collected, but how much will depend on how well our fund raising goes.
I want to once again thank everyone who has helped with this! Positive thoughts are equally appreciated. I know not everyone is able to contribute financially, we all have our own babies to look after.

Most Reactions