Help! what can i do?

Qib

May 11, 2014
My two IRN have been housed in an aviary all their life (their 2 years old) but now that they're with me they are caged and I don't know how they are coping with it. (I've had them for little over 2 weeks) the female appears to pace. I haven't trained them to the point where they will step up or go back in the cage. today I've just left them in a room of the house with the cage door open hoping that in a few days time or so they will have had some flight and will go back in.
can they ever adjust to not being in an aviary? how long will it take? would they be happier back in an aviary? have any of you had similar experiences and if so how have you coped, or how has it turned out?

OP
Q

Qib

May 11, 2014
Thanks so much for your experiences. im so concerned that i'm fighting a loosing battle here. right now my IRN aren't as scared of me as Delfin was but will only be interested in me if they are hungry (usually in the morning after they've had some breakfast seed and looking for they're capsicum training treat.
considering my girl is pacing (she does this head tossing thing occasionally too but shes done that since I've got her) would you recommend me leaving the cage door open in a safe room so they have the chance to get out of their cage (and hope they go back inside when they are hungry) or keep them inside until they trust me to come out?

Most Reactions

Latest posts