help with my new babylovebird

claudia_lovez_u

Dec 15, 2012
Hello everyone, About a week and a half ago I bought a baby lovebird from a lady and his name is mango from what the lady said he is now 7 weeks old, she also said that he loves to hide. Well since I bought him I have been taking him out of his cage everyday to spend time with me, this is not the first time i own a bird I used to have a parrot but that wwas a long time ago and I have to parotkeets but they don't let anyone take them out of the cage. Until I find a new cage they all stay in the same cage but I'm not sure if the budgies get scared or jelous everytime I take him out of the cage they start screaming and he gets scared and wants to go back to the cage, so I decided to take him to my room everytime I take him out of the cage he stays in my finger for about 30min than he tries to fly away and looks for a place to hide. Sometimes when I try to grabbed him he seems a little scare and I hve been trying to make him eat veggies and fruits but he just taste them and stops eating. 3 days ago I decided to put some seeds on my hand and try to feed him and he started eating from my hand and I have been doing that everyday. I also bough treats for him but he doesn't want to eat them. My question is how can I make him eat fruits/vegetables and other human food, I heard If I share my food with him that will help create a bond but he doesn't want to eat other thngs just seeds. Do you guys have any advised on how to create a bond with him and train him to stay on my finger and not try to fly away? thank you!

Most Reactions