help !!!

isaiah.nino

Aug 25, 2012
in michigan
Parrots
sun conure
i have a question i want to make a bird perch for apollo and i already have the metals (safe metal). and already know what trees are safe . i just want to know if any one has done these and where they got the wood from . i was thinking about getting a stick or two from a state park . could that be safe or could they have a pesticide on it i already called and there office is closed . other wise i would have called them !

Tammy

May 4, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Orange Wing Amazon
I know in PA you are not permitted to remove ANYTHING from a State Park. Isn't there a tree in your own back yard or a friend's back yard that you would be able to take from? If not, the simple wood perches at MSBS are ridiculously cheap & you would have the guarantee of safety.

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Yeah, I wouldn't take anything from a public park without explicit permission. It's usually forbidden.

If you do acquire some natural branches, perhaps from your own yard, the usual recommendation is to wash them thoroughly and bake them in a low oven to kill off harmful organisms.

Mudkips

May 6, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Birdy the Green Cheek Conure
I'm not sure how it works in America, but in Australia no-one is going to care if you take two sticks from the park. I did precisely that when some gale force winds came thru which uprooted trees and made the park look like a war zone. One tree was even hit by lightning and was just a stump surrounded with wooden debris. I made the best out of the situation and took some nice sticks home. :)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I'm not sure how it works in America, but in Australia no-one is going to care if you take two sticks from the park. I did precisely that when some gale force winds came thru which uprooted trees and made the park look like a war zone. One tree was even hit by lightning and was just a stump surrounded with wooden debris. I made the best out of the situation and took some nice sticks home. :)

They may not care, but it's still illegal, or so I've read... lol

OP
isaiah.nino

isaiah.nino

Aug 25, 2012
in michigan
Parrots
sun conure
thank you guys but i created one i made it using stainless steel and birch tree baked on high for 3 hours to kill of any bacteria!!!

Most Reactions