Help

Carolina

Apr 17, 2013
Toronto
Parrots
African Grey
Hello to all We have an Amazon (40 years old) and a severe macaw (30 years old) we have them in the same cage since they were young… I grow up with them like brothers (Im 29 years old) anyway
My father had an stroke 2 years ago (he is in bed, really bad) and our parrots haven’t seen my dad since then, they call my dad all the time, and we think they are getting depress, the severe macaw and the amazon are losing feather (the amazon has almost no feather in his head and under his wings…The severe macaw is losing feather in his tail and under his wings too)
PLEASE my parent need help, they live in Chile in a small city where there is not bird veterinarian…
:green2::green:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Without knowing the last time they moulted and there not being a veterinarian available, I don't know what kind of help we can offer from the forum.....

Is there anyone in your parents city who is familiar with caring for large birds? They might be able to observe the birds to see if it appears to be moulting or not.....

Is your father at home or is he in a care facility...if he were at home, couldn't someone take the birds in to visit him, one at a time?

I wish you luck, but I don't know what else can be done......

Most Reactions

Latest posts