help!!

matteaxo

Jul 27, 2013
I just bought a peach-faced lovebird and I have no clue about them. We have three other birds that are finches in the house and she will be in the same room as them. She is in a separate cage, so I'm hopping nothing bad will happen. I just want to make sure this is ok.

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Jacob a sun conure who found me!
Post in the love bird part of the forum and you shouldbe able to get better help.
From what I have learned she should probably be in a separate room for now (quarantine) have the other birds and her been tested for the various diseases they can have? (not sure which one either breed has if any, the pro's will help with that)
but Iknow I had to test my sun conure for bird chlamydia (found him outside so he could have caught it from a wild bird or a bad breeder) for example...

Good luck, you have a lot of good guys here, they will help you!! Welcome to the forums!

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
welcome to tbe forum.
i dont know much about love birds but most of the ones i have met can be quite nippy. given the size difference i would not allow the love bird to have any contact with the finches (no outside cage time together) and if the finches are out, watch very closely that they dont land on his/her cage as she may take off a few toes. apart from that, tgere shoukd not be a problem being in seperate cages in the same room.
the only other advise i can offer is research research research. peruse the internet for all info you can, you will also find info here in the correct forum.

good luck with your new feathered griend

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Always practice quaratine! They're not community birds so don't house them with other types of birds! What else would you like to know???

OP
M

matteaxo

Jul 27, 2013
Always practice quaratine! They're not community birds so don't house them with other types of birds! What else would you like to know???

how soon can i start training her? and how will i know she likes me

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Is she handfed tamed??? If not it will take you time to train her depending on how tame she is....you'll know if she likes you! Their bites are nasty so watch yourself!!!! I tame down a very very wild female cockatiel yesterday. Took me like 30 min but by the end I was able to pet her to a certain extent. Even got her stick trained too. I took her in at the beginning of this month. I've been leaving her be in quarantine and she didn't want to be messed with as she hisses and attacks if I'm near. But I thought I'll give it a try last night and it worked out.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
welcome to the forum!

lovebirds are masters at escaping their cages, so just a heads up to watch him/her

Most Reactions

Latest posts