Help!!

baby doc

Feb 6, 2011
Texas
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
Hello,
My B&G is 75 days old today. He wouldn't take his formula this morning or this afternoon. I made sure that he had lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, but most of those end up at the bottom of the cage. He did eat half his formula this evening, but he usually eats every bit. His poop
looks the same, with the exception of one that the liquid was yellow. That was only once, and it looks normal again. Are appointment with the Avian Vet (wellness check) isn't until next friday. I live an hour and half from the closest Avian Vet. I'm real scared and don't know if something is wrong. I have kept the formula the same temp and not changed his formula. If anyone knows or can help? Please!!
Thanks All,
Chris :blue1:

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
When my Greenwing was a baby (I got him when he was 5 weeks old) there where days when I couldn't get him to eat at all. What I did was to squeeze grapes and watermelon (just the juice) into his mouth. Its important to keep him hydrated when he's not eating his formula. Also I would start introducing him to pellets. They make special pellets for weaning birds from formula to solid food. Some companies call them conversion pellets. If you try pellets you might want to moisten them with fruit juice or water. Good luck. Oh, one more thing add a little sunbutter and coconut oil in with formula

Most Reactions

Latest posts