Hey! Im a new member!

BirdsAremMyThing

Jun 23, 2013
Midwest
Parrots
Parrotlet, Chickens
Glad to be aboard. Three days ago, I adopted a baby Parrotlet from a breeder. His name is Penyo. :blue2:

Years ago, I had 2 Cockatiels and I remember how they both gave me so much joy, so after I did a lot of research, I decided to bring another feathered companion into my life and I adopted a Parrotlet.

Although, I don't remember my Cockatiels being so afraid of me though at this stage. With patience & time, I'm sure Penyo will be fine.

We have a Chicken Ranch in the desert in the midwest. We call it The Acres.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forum. :) Happy to have you and Penyo around.

WOW, a chicken ranch? That sounds like a whole lot of fun. :)

SharlenaSharlena

May 20, 2013
Portland,OR
Parrots
Skittles - Blue Mnt. Male Lorikeet
Starburst -Blue Mnt. Female Lorikeet
Kiwi - Lutino Cockatiel Male
Welcome BirdsAreMyThing! Congrats on your new birdy!!!!! Penyo is an ADORABLE name!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Hi and welcome to the forum

Wdlodge

May 13, 2013
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Kiwi -Pacific Parrotlet, Rio - Senegal. Both hatched 2/2013
Hi there! Welcome! I have a parrotlet too. Her name is Kiwi. 4 month old lil razor beak. I actually call her my Velcro vulture, it fits. This is a great place, nice helpful people.

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
Welcome! I would like to see some pics of you and your darling parrotlet when he settles into his new home. You are the best thing that ever happened to your little fello :D

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Patience, your little guy is only 3 days from the only home (s)he's known all his/her life.....chasing him/her around the cage trying to get it to step-up is only going to stress it out.....

Give it time to get used to you & it's new surroundings.....

Wendy beat me to it, but then there are chicken ranches & there are Chicken Ranches.....

Welcome aboard & congrats on your new little feathered friend.....

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new fid!!!!

Most Reactions