Nitsirk

Jan 10, 2015
Middletown, NY
My name is Kristin, I'm new to this forum. I don't currently have a bird but I am looking to get a Sun Conure within the next few months. :orange: I am so in love with them. Just trying to decide to get it before I move or after, I live in an apartment now and don't want the noise to possibly bother the neighbors. I love all parrots but I decided that a sun conure is best for me and my family. I am also wanting to get 2 of them. Probably a regular and a red factor so they can keep each other company. I live in NY and I am trying to find a good place to get one from. I would like it to be hand fed, etc. so if anyone knows of a good breader please let me know. :)

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Hey! Welcome to the forum, sun conures are super little birds. Great choice!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Kristin and welcome!
I think you have a good idea to wait until you are no longer in an apartment because Suns can be quite loud.
I don't know of any breeders, but I just wanted to tell you that I am glad you joined us:)

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Hello! I loved Suns too but went with a Green cheek because of the noise. They just fit better with my family. I'm sure you will love them!

OP
N

Nitsirk

Jan 10, 2015
Middletown, NY
Hello Kristin and welcome!
I think you have a good idea to wait until you are no longer in an apartment because Suns can be quite loud.
I don't know of any breeders, but I just wanted to tell you that I am glad you joined us:)

Thanks!! And yeah I think it's my best bet because I don't want drama with my neighbor. I'm going to have to "hurry up and wait" until July "/ lol

OP
N

Nitsirk

Jan 10, 2015
Middletown, NY
Hello! I loved Suns too but went with a Green cheek because of the noise. They just fit better with my family. I'm sure you will love them!

Aww green cheeks are lovely too! I still want to go with a sun. My sister might get a green cheek though. I know the Suns are supposed to be louder than the green cheeks. It's so weird how the same type of bird but different colors can be so different. Fish are like that too lol

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Hi and welcome! I have a sun, Cisco. He's an awesome bird. Yes, loud...but still great. He's not as loud as he used to be, so either he's just settled in with my flock, or I'm just getting used to the sound. Good luck!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Suns are gorgeous, I've seen one at the pet store. They are noisy, but if you can handle it more power to you :) A good way to tell if you can deal with the noise factor is to watch this video on youtube of one vocalizing (turn your volume up half way) and then decide if you can handle that sound level much of the time when you're home. If you can, then you'll be fine with one: [ame="http://youtu.be/bYFMo5Ar1k0"]How Loud Is a Screaming Sun Conure? - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck with your pretty baby whatever you choose!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello Kristen, welcome to the forums! Best of luck and have fun choosing your new companion.

OP
N

Nitsirk

Jan 10, 2015
Middletown, NY
Hi and welcome! I have a sun, Cisco. He's an awesome bird. Yes, loud...but still great. He's not as loud as he used to be, so either he's just settled in with my flock, or I'm just getting used to the sound. Good luck!

lol probably a lil of both :) thanks!!

OP
N

Nitsirk

Jan 10, 2015
Middletown, NY
Suns are gorgeous, I've seen one at the pet store. They are noisy, but if you can handle it more power to you :) A good way to tell if you can deal with the noise factor is to watch this video on youtube of one vocalizing (turn your volume up half way) and then decide if you can handle that sound level much of the time when you're home. If you can, then you'll be fine with one: How Loud Is a Screaming Sun Conure? - YouTube

Good luck with your pretty baby whatever you choose!

lol thanks i actually listened to this earlier, i turned it all of the way up, didnt think it was too bad BUT i am on my tablet lol m not sure how equivalent it is in real life

Most Reactions

Latest posts