Hi from Pennsylvania! :)

Lydz

Mar 30, 2015
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Marlowe (turquoise green cheek conure)
Hey everyone!

After months of looking for the perfect bird and having a bunch of possibilities fall through, a few days ago I brought home a beautiful turquoise green cheek conure. She's really shy and not totally hand tamed yet, and it was clear that the woman that I got her from didn't have the patience to work with her at all. All I could really find out about her is that she was a breeder bird at an aviary before her mate died in an accident, and hasn't gotten along with other birds since that.

She's settling in pretty well; I spent all evening by her cage working on a case brief and having conversations with her. As shy as she is, she's really chatty, lol.

I can't figure out what to call her. It's kind of a big deal, like naming your kid. Any suggestions would be welcome :)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
So cool, please hang in there thru the tough times! The little guy needs it! Even tho he will do everything possible to pi$$ you off!
She!

Last edited:

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Hi! I'm also a recent GCC parent (1 week as of today :D)

Chat chat chat away with her. They LOVE to be talked to. I have a birdie monitor camera and it allows me to talk to my baby when I'm away (friggin awesome!).

Think about something significant in your life when it comes to naming your girl. I named my baby Kyoto because that was the place where my best memory is (where my fiancé proposed to me).

Just take things slow, and try looking up videos for target training. I think that's a good place to start :)

Enjoy your new family member. They are honestly so much fun.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and Welcome! Congrats, what a cutie you have there!

Most Reactions