Hi Im new and in need of help please!!!!!

jackie

Nov 10, 2009
virginia
Parrots
i Have 2 wonderful parrots
the first one i have is a sun conure and his name is maliboo and he is my little angle. My other one is an Orange winged Amazon and i adopted him from a no kill shelter.
hi im jackie and i am the proud parent of a sunconure:orange: and an amazing orange winged amazon:green:. My sunconure is a wonderful little guy with the most vibrant colors. He loves to cuddle with his mommy and listen to old 80s latina music "conga". he is my pride and joy and i dont know what i would do with out him.

My Orange winged amazon is a very beautiful and magnificent creature. I adopted him from a no kill shelter last year and i have been trying to work with him ever since. He is my troubled child. he is scared of everything and he bites HARD!! he is afraid of EVERYTHING. i dont know what to do. He screaches really loud and shakes and puts his head infront of his feet when no one is even trying to mess with him. he wont let u touch him unless he is on the ground and he runs from a hand perch i had made for him. i dont know what to do. if anyone out there has any suggestions please tell me.

thank you very much

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Welcome, I hope that we can help, but we'd need more detail to get an idea of what is going on with the troubled child.

This first question that comes to mind though is whether he's been to a vet recently. If he really is scared and aggressive ALL the time then my first worry is that he could be sick or in pain. Once that is ruled out other angles can be pursued.

OP
J

jackie

Nov 10, 2009
virginia
Parrots
i Have 2 wonderful parrots
the first one i have is a sun conure and his name is maliboo and he is my little angle. My other one is an Orange winged Amazon and i adopted him from a no kill shelter.
wow i feel like a serious air head. i took him to the vet a while ago but not since his behavior started. i had a microchip put in him and that was the last time he has been. i will schedule an appointment tomorrow.

Greydad01

Nov 8, 2009
Tempe, Az
Parrots
Zoey(7yr.old African Grey congo)
If the vet says he's healthy, you might try giving him things to chew on to distract from his nervousness. The hard plastic, & wood link toys could be a start.
Personally I have a a couple soft leather cords(no varnish) with wood pieces at each end, that I slip half cut empty paper towell rollson for my nervous grey Zoey to chew up. She had a noise incident @ 10mo. olds which cauesed her to become a plucker, off & on.

Most Reactions

Latest posts