Hi I'm new here

zarafia

Super Moderator
Jan 22, 2008
I live in Florida and I have had and raised parrots most of my life. I worked for several years at a large aviary where we kept over a thousand birds of over a hundred species. I did most of the handfeeding. I have hand raised many species and known many parrots. I only have two amazons a citron and a few tiels now, but I miss the "bird people" I came to know at bird shows and working at the bird store.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Well, you are with bird people here!! Welcome to the forums, you will find many things here and hopefully you can share a lot of your knowledge! Have a look around and stay a while!

:50:

OP
Z

zarafia

Super Moderator
Jan 22, 2008
I am so glad to be here. I hope I can help here and there. Thank you for the welcome.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
we try to be a friendly bunch ... I will pass your suggestion about 'Tiels getting their own section to our Admin, BlackNova.

OP
Z

zarafia

Super Moderator
Jan 22, 2008
Sorry about that. But cockatiels are more than great starter birds. I've had all kinds of birds and tiels are still special to me.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Sounds like you have lots of bird experience!! I really enjoy tiels and don't think they are "starter" birds. I really hate when people get tiels and then want a bigger bird and then the tiel gets no attention anymore. :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts