Hi. Pritti is Back. Photos of What He's Been Up To.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Hi Everyone.
We've been off the forum for about a month and have missed reading about and seeing how all our feathered and featherless friends here are doing. We'be been busy moving around and away from home. So here's what been up with Pritti over the past month:

• He had another commercial airplane ride. All went well.
  • He had an emergency visit to a vet we don't know since we weren't home. His breathing was distressed, but not because of his lungs. He was unable to breathe through his nares AT ALL. One nares had stopped working several years ago. It became stenotic, so even though it looks normal from the outside, no air passes through. The one that works looked almost completely closed up and he was making little grunty quacking sounds as he breathed through his mouth. It was scary. Luckily, there is a mobile vet very skilled with avains that comes to this area. He said it looked like there was a lot of swelling from the inside coming out of the nare and clogging it up. So we started kids benadryl, and it has helped. So Pritti is back to having one nare working and takes benadryl naps now.
  • He is having lots of exercise and fun running around the very large room where his cage is set up. By the way, the cage arrived from Petco before we did. It is a 3-walled cage. Yes, that's correct, it has a ceiling, a floor, and THREE WALLS. Some how one was missing from the cage. Hahaaa. Regardless, Pritti has been happily living in this cage without a wall, hahaaa.
  • (Question -- can it even be called a cage if it only has three walls.... lol). Alongside it, he has another cage (from last year) on the floor with a ladder connecting them. He freely goes back and forth from level to level, and down to the floor for walks around the tiled floor room, in and out of the many baskets and shelves and chairs, etc. Sometimes setting himself up in front of the glass patio doors to watch nature for a while. He is busy busy busy. He also has two play gyms here and is catered to by 3 humans, hahaha, and gets to run around the kitchen while we are all in there, so he can snuggle up to a whole flock of feet, which he loves to do.
  • We recenty tried Caitec's baked oven fresh bites and lo and behold, he took to them right away. So for the past week I've been trying to make half his diet of that and the other half all kitchen foods, rather than keeping him on 90% kitchen foods. His droppings defnitely look more normal and less water now, which is great because he has old man kidney deficiency.
  • He was getting kind of stinky because he takes fewer baths when away from home, even though he is set up in the exact cage he has had at home for a while, set the same way. So I warned him yesterday that he was going to have a shower if he doesn't take a bath by tomorrow. Today I told him was stinky, and a shower was set for today. Next think I know, he's taking a bath. Hahahahaaa. Coincidence....? hmmmmm.
  • So he's his usual happy, independent, bossy, cuddly, adventurous self, having a good summer away. It's like birdy sleep-away-camp here.

Pritti asked me to share some pics to show and tell his summer so far. For some reason, the tall ones come out sideways no matter what we do. Just turn your head like a birdy that is staring down at your feet and you'll see it right. ;)

KISSING NEW FRIEND.
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9308-i-m-ready-you-take-me-ride-now.png

ISN'T MY NEW FRIEND CUTE?
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9307-new-friend.png

THEY'LL NEVER FIND ME BACK HERE (WITHOUT 20 MINUTES OF SEARCHING).
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9306-ducking-behind-he-duct.png

LACTOSE FREE, SUGAR FREE, HIGH CALCIUM. NOT TOO SHABBY.
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9305-mmmmm-almond-milk-mmmmm.png

UM...THIS SEAT IS RESERVED MOVE ALONG.
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9304-why-shouldn-t-i-sit-dinner-table-too.png

WHY WON'T THEY LET ME LIVE IN THIS SPINNING PANTRY CLOSET?!
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9302-found-another-pantry-raid.png

AHHHHHH.... SHOES..... ME LOVE THEIR SHOES.
wannabeaparrot-albums-pritti-being-pretty-random-photos-picture9303-shoe-fetish-needs-shrink.png

Last edited:

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Hey wannabeparrot! Glad to hear you guys are doing well after all the stuff you've been thru. :) love the pics. :). I bought a bag of those oven bites, but she just didn't seem to care for them, which is weird because they're delicious! I ended up giving it to the wild birds & critters and they loved it. I might try them again, the ingredients are really good....maybe I'll try soaking them.

JasmineGCC

Oct 4, 2012
England
Parrots
Jasmine my pineapple green cheeked conure, hatched 17 April 2012
I just love Pritti and I'm happy to hear how we'll he's doing. Thanks for posting the photos - for such an old bird he's doing great!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Yay Pritti! Loved seeing his pics. Glad he's feeling better.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Thanks. Today all of a sudden he seems significantly better. I don't think that it is coincidence that I started putting vitamin drops in his water several days ago, and he also started to eat a new food, the Caitec oven fresh bites.

At the moment he is just all over me, like I'm his personal tree to climb on. Ya know I love it!!!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Great photos. So glad he is doing better! :D

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Pritti's pictures never fail to cheer me up!!! My favorite elderly conure. So glad to hear he is doing great. If Boomer grows up to be half the conure that Pritti is, I'll be happy.

Regards from me and Booms!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome back into the forum! Pritti is looking good!!!! I'm glad everything was fine and the vet was able to diagnose the issue. :)

Most Reactions