Hi there, greetings from Singapore.

GWMYR

Apr 20, 2015
Parrots
Ruby Macaw.
Hi guys, new to this forum but not really new to parrot keeping.

Used to owned lot's of medium sized parrot and currently owning a Green winged macaw that has been with me for weeks only.

Currently he/she allows me to pet his/her beak and something a light scratch on his/hers head. But won't step up on my hand for now though.

So I'm here learning more about taming them. Do give me tips on taming macaw!

Will upload pics when I'm free.

Thank you for you time and have a nice day! :red1:

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Indeed, LOL. What happens when you ask your GW to step up?

I'd get him out of and away from his cage to work with him. Will he step onto a hand held perch?

If either of my big macs give me hard time, I have them step up backwards for me. Instead of offering them my hand/arm in front of them, I approach them from behind, and gently push against their feet. It always works (for me). They want to prevent falling forwards, so they step up for me. :)

OP
G

GWMYR

Apr 20, 2015
Parrots
Ruby Macaw.
Indeed, LOL. What happens when you ask your GW to step up?

I'd get him out of and away from his cage to work with him. Will he step onto a hand held perch?

If either of my big macs give me hard time, I have them step up backwards for me. Instead of offering them my hand/arm in front of them, I approach them from behind, and gently push against their feet. It always works (for me). They want to prevent falling forwards, so they step up for me. :)

Currently my mac doesn't really likes the idea of my hand/arm going toward his/her leg.

For now teaching him/her target training. Sometimes he/she will follow the target stick but sometimes he/she don't even bother. :confused:

Most Reactions

Latest posts