Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's how I was thinking you knew it was him lol. I'm glad he can finally unpack his bags :). Looking forward to hearing updates. If you have any questions or concerns as time goes on, we're here to help!

Nick67

Sep 1, 2015
Jersey
Parrots
African Red Bellied
And he looks the same, lolol

Thank you, I think it is going to take some time, but he's stopped biting, and seems to want company sometimes. He is very quiet but he seems fairly content with his new surroundings, so we'll see how things go. He won't let me touch him, but he is letting me get closer :eek:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Great! Be patient as you two get to be friends, and don't forget to post updates! :)

Actually, you can post a new thread of your own in the Poicephalus section when you're ready to add more pics and questions.

Nick67

Sep 1, 2015
Jersey
Parrots
African Red Bellied
Hello, just to update, Viktor, or Finchy as I have renamed him, has settled in nicely and seems at home in his new surroundings.

He spends most of his time out of his cage, and I have started clicker training, just click and treat, he now flies to me at the click to receive his treat.

I have removed all treats from his cage, just Harrison's pellet food and fruit and veg in his cage bowls. Harrison's was what he was weaned on to in the Animal shelter.

Next week I'll start touch, then step up and we'll see how we go from there.

As I previously said, he spent the first 3 years of his life in a pet shop, and subsequently can be a bit nippy, but he now lets me scratch his beak, still a bit wary of hands, but is letting me get close before he backs off, wouldn't let anyone near him at all a couple of weeks ago.

Do you think i am going about it the correct way?

I renamed him Finchy as Viktor probably doesn't have positive memories, and he seems to have a penchant for finches :eek:

Attachments

• DSC00614.jpg
    DSC00614.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 56

Most Reactions