Hi!

hutcho

Dec 25, 2014
Media
nsw
Parrots
Sun Conure named Jim
New to the forum. I have a hand raised sun conure, his name is Jim. He is the first bird ive owned and i love him, hes a very chewy bird, he likes to nibble on ears (not biting just nibbling). I joined in the hopes to meet other parrot owners and get some advice on toys, training etc so any suggestions on diy or online shops (im from australia and some places dont ship here) for climbing toys and chewing toys would be appreciated. Also would love to hear from any aussie parrot owners :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome! We'd love to see pics of Jim. I love human names for pets :) Glad you could join us. You'll find there are many Aussie parrot owners here!

OP
H

hutcho

Dec 25, 2014
Media
nsw
Parrots
Sun Conure named Jim
Lol he may or may not be named after Jim Beam bourbon and i just put up a couple pics of him

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums. Jim's a very handsome little guy.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
G'day Hutcho! As soon as I saw your name, I knew you were an Aussie. LOL!

Check out ebay for lots of great birdie toys. Making your own stuff is probably the best way, because then you get to know exactly what's in the toy and how safe it is. We have tutorials on DYI here (check out the forum titles) and there are various YouTube videos that are pretty helpful as well.

If you want to ask specific questions, go right ahead - we're all here to help! :)

PS. Your Jim is gorgeous!

Most Reactions

Latest posts