Hi

Spirbuaw1

Oct 3, 2018
Media
Cheney
Parrots
1 male Buffon macaw named Stan, approximately 19 years old, 1 female Ecuadorian Buffon macaw named Wendy, any where between 12-15 years old and one adorable male ekkie named McGee, 11, years old
Hi, my name is Katie, and I’m not a new FID mom but I am new to this site.
I started out with my first bird 14 1/2 years ago, a little male cockatiel, little did I know at that time I was finding my soul in my feathered friend. In 2010 my brother in law gave me his female Ecuadorian Buffon because she thought she was his mate and was crawling into their bed and biting my sister. I do not know Wendy’s exact age her dr and I think between 12-15 years old. 3 months later I rescued my male Buffon who sat in a run down disguisting bird store for 11 years, and did not see direct sunlight for 9 1/2 of those years until I rescued his,,,I know people that know Stan from this store in Missoula before the state of Montana shut it down and he was abused, I know they would put a chain on one of his legs to keep him from wondering, they left him in a dark room and cage if he screamed and all kinds of other horrible treatment, but now OMG what a cuddle bear he is, and with me he eats the best of the best and has Wendy as a mate and I’m buying my house for them, I don’t make my mtg payment for me I make it for my FIDS, lastly 2 years ago I w’had the opportunity to get a little green/red ecluctus. Ecluctus are great little birds, I luv the resolve in their eyes so intent on purpose,,,trouble,,,LOL,,,I will not say I’m a bird expert just a little more experienced than the average bear,,,,and I like this community because WE ARE BIRD PEOPLE :green1::green1::green1:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
welcome to the family!

It's great to see how well your rescued fella has come around, I'm sure a testament to patience and understanding!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Katie and flock! The rescued Buffon story is heartbreaking, but at least he has a bright future!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
You're our kinda folks. Thank you for sharing your stories with us.

Looking forward to more.

I am so glad you found us.

Most Reactions