Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Well this morning started like any other morning. Make coffee,
go in basement to bird room, turn on lights, open curtains to sliding door.
Say hi to all my birds.

Birdell is first to make a leap and join me up stairs for coffee as he like to sit on my shoulder. Me...I'm barely awake in morning, the kind of person that " Don't talk to me, don't look at me until I had a cup of coffee type of person"....one eye open one eye shut... LOL.

My kitchen breakfast nook is near the L shape counters. Birdell eyed the coffee can, which I didn't put away. The Maxwell house coffee cans with a blue lid. This crazy bird has a fascination, obsession is a better word, for the color Blue.

He hops from my shoulder across table and onto counter, hops up onto coffee can and pulls the blue lid off. All the while I still have one eye open one shut, watching him. He proceeds to drag this lid which is bigger than him, tripping on lid as he walked. I'm still to tired to laugh yet. He hops on chair with lid, and trys to climb down which he ended up falling to floor with lid. I bent down to try to pick him up, he turned around and lunged at me as if saying " I got this, leave me be"....

LOL...he proceeded to walk, try anyway, with head as high as he could hold it up, carrying this lid, and tripping over it, ( Ha ha ha) turning around and then dragging it...to the upstairs bird room where his secondary cage is and managed to carry this up to his cage. Where he began chewing it up,
Try taking something from a senni....won't happen.

My wife wakes up comes in and see's the coffee can tipped over ...she asks ..."uhhh what happen?" ...looking around for the coffee can lid asks " Where's the lid?" .....So I says..." uhhhh come here I'll show you"
She looked at Birdell and Said.." How the...what the.....do I want to know???"....I said come here, grab a cup of Joe and I'll tell you all about it...we had a good laugh. Sure wish now I would have recorded it.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Lol. Birdell must've really wanted that lid! Funny what they deem to be great toys and how they seem to know how to take advantage of us at our most venerable-to-stop-them moments.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Great way to start your morning!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
That's a riot!!! That was his :) [sounds like a Caique ;)] It must be some good stuff if he was going to drag it all the way to the bird room ;). I would have let him have it . too.Hows your white budgie ?

OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
That's a riot!!! That was his :) [sounds like a Caique ;)] It must be some good stuff if he was going to drag it all the way to the bird room ;). I would have let him have it . too.Hows your white budgie ?

Twinki (Budgie) is doing great....Tamest budgie I have every come across.
Loves head and chest rubs, goes outside and sits with us, and rides with us in truck. Loveable bird is an understatement.

Tyler my New Ekkie is a sweet bird as well, raised by same person that raised the Budgie. They did a good job.

Most Reactions