Home

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Every day after work, I take Peep out for the rest of the day into the evening but he has to hang close by for the first hour or so. He isn't feisty or complaining, just glad we came home.

Yup. We are owned by Peep.

Last edited:

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Snuggly sweetie :)

For just a moment I thought you were laying down and he was laying on his back on your head. Then I realized the picture was just sideways.

freyaclare

Sep 1, 2014
Parrots
I have two parakeets, a girl named Frost and a boy named Paris. I also just got a Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure on 8-31-14 that I named Zelda.
Aww so sweet! He looks just like my bird Zelda. Now I wonder if my bird could be a guy! Lol

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
That's absolutely adorable! Looks like he's really enjoying his home

Aww so sweet! He looks just like my bird Zelda. Now I wonder if my bird could be a guy! Lol
The only way to really determine a GCC's sex is through DNA testing. I think Avian Biotech can do this (correct me if I'm wrong) or you avian vet can, but it will be more expensive.

freyaclare

Sep 1, 2014
Parrots
I have two parakeets, a girl named Frost and a boy named Paris. I also just got a Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure on 8-31-14 that I named Zelda.

The only way to really determine a GCC's sex is through DNA testing. I think Avian Biotech can do this (correct me if I'm wrong) or you avian vet can, but it will be more expensive.

Thank you EAI! My bird just felt like a girl to me but I could be wrong. Also I read that girls tend to have pink feet and boys tend to have grey feet but that isn't always the case, and I see Peep has pink feet. :white1:I will look up Avian Biotech, it would be nice to know if I need to be changing Zelda's name to Zell. I would probably have named my first parakeet (Frost) differently if I had known she were a girl.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.

Thank you EAI! My bird just felt like a girl to me but I could be wrong. Also I read that girls tend to have pink feet and boys tend to have grey feet but that isn't always the case, and I see Peep has pink feet. :white1:I will look up Avian Biotech, it would be nice to know if I need to be changing Zelda's name to Zell. I would probably have named my first parakeet (Frost) differently if I had known she were a girl.

I had the same issue. My male budgie is named "Esther" because he was still pretty young and my vet classified him as a her.

Most Reactions