paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
OK so I'm wanting to know how can you tell if your zon is a 1st 2nd or 3rd Gen bird what's the best way to go about finding this out as i am wanting to know if my baby blue fronted is one of these three I know her hatch date she has a name I just need to know this now then I'll know every last detail about her if anyone can help on this please do.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Ask your breeder. Most of us refer to generations because we hold back babies for future breeders and when those birds have babies ,it's called 2nd generation. We try to breed desirable traits like,health, temperament, talkativeness, etc. With amazons it takes about 10 yrs before your babies start having babies. Other than that there's no way you can tell how many generations your breeder has had that blood line,from just "looking" at a baby.

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
If he's had them since day one,then he had their parents? Then they'd be 2nd generation.

Most Reactions

Latest posts