How do i keep albie warm and comfortable this winter ?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
It’s out of stock but would be nice especially for birds with foot or leg problems or old birds with arthritis.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I have just bought one of these and it has just arrived. It is currently sitting where Syd can see it and investigate if/when the mood takes him. It is plugged in so I can see how warm it gets. The Snuggleup is still in his sleep cage but this one will go in the day cage where I can see his response. At a third of the price of the other one although Chinese made, I am hoping for useful results.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BFQVXVVH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
That looks amazing ! Im.gonna have to try and persuade hubby to let me get this for albie .

He absolutely loves his heater in his sleep cage , to the point he will wake us up to talk to him in the morninb , but he refuses to come out and leave the warmth .

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
That looks amazing ! Im.gonna have to try and persuade hubby to let me get this for albie .

He absolutely loves his heater in his sleep cage , to the point he will wake us up to talk to him in the morninb , but he refuses to come out and leave the warmth .
LOL for the first time this morning when I uncovered Syd's sleep cage he was up on the top perch snuggled up! I felt jubilant to have the proof that he uses it. I put the new platform in his day cage last night so that it was in place when he arrived. I had put a couple of sunflower seeds on it to entice him nearer. It has taken him 4 hours (while in and out as usual) to negotiate a method of getting the seeds without going on the platform and now he just skirts around it. Goodness knows how he'll react when I turn it on and it gets warm!
Patience is once again the name of the game.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
LOL for the first time this morning when I uncovered Syd's sleep cage he was up on the top perch snuggled up! I felt jubilant to have the proof that he uses it. I put the new platform in his day cage last night so that it was in place when he arrived. I had put a couple of sunflower seeds on it to entice him nearer. It has taken him 4 hours (while in and out as usual) to negotiate a method of getting the seeds without going on the platform and now he just skirts around it. Goodness knows how he'll react when I turn it on and it gets warm!
Patience is once again the name of the game.
Thats exactly how i felt when i saw Albie snuggled up to his one .

Syd might be like Albie and enjoy the warmth so much , you wont be able to get him off it !

Most Reactions

Latest posts