How do you.....

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
Stop your macaw from sticking her tongue in our nose!!!!!! Hahahha I know this I weird but I am really fighting her about this now. She loves playing, rolling all over me, getting her belly rubs, putting her head down my shirt, preening my hair, etc. it never fails though she starts sticking her tongue out and licking my face. I could deal with that (even though she looks....funny) if she would stop at that but she ends up determined to stick her tongue in my nose. This ends with me having to put her on her stand and listening to her beg to come back. I try this a few times and then she goes back to the bird room. Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
I don't have a solution for your problem, but you do realize you left this unasked question, just begging to be asked.....

There's no particular or unmentioned reason she might find your nose so interesting, is there ? ? ?

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
Hahahhaha no. Nothing in there that doesn't happen naturally that is. That is very funny though.

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
She'll probably learn to stop doing it if everytime she does it, you gently pull her beak away from your nose and say "no". It sounds cute though that she likes to lick your face... I wonder if she likes the salt taste on the skin?

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
Lol! my sun conure loves to do that! its irritating isn't it?! i just pull away everytime he tries and he gives up eventually lol

BeakersBro

Dec 27, 2012
Parrots
Beaker: Cape Parrot
Beaker makes a lunge to stick his whole head in my mouth every time I yawn or open it too wide. He's never been successful.

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Beaker makes a lunge to stick his whole head in my mouth every time I yawn or open it too wide. He's never been successful.

Thats funny, when I yawn, my indian ringneck puts his whole head in my mouth, then says a long drawnout 'Hiiiiiiiiii', as if he's looking for someone down in the black hole.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
That's hilarious!!! I really don't like Nema in my nose or mouth, yuk. She's pretty persistent though.

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
Con does this all the time!!! It gets to where my nose is wet from all the licking and I toss her off to go play with her sister. She always seems to try it when there's food on her beak so it ends up in my nose or mouth.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
Had to put this on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 236

burley

Apr 17, 2010
Oriential NC
Parrots
"VAL" greenwing macaw
even the sweetest birds bite sometimes. that could have terrible results. A car outside backfires, a door slams in the wind , dog barks, whatever, the bird gets startled and you are off to the er. I love bothe my green wings ,and I am guilty of letting one groom my beard, sometimes. Just be on high alert.

Most Reactions

Latest posts