Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round
just wondering how many eckkies do we all have and what are they male, female. i have atm 4 females two males as i sold some not long ago.:red1:

nicki

Mar 26, 2013
Media
Dallas TX
Parrots
6 mo old Eclectus :)
I can't imagine having more than one at the moment! I feel like I have a child. Kudos to you! <3 My 3 mo old boy, Eko :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I have a boy and a girl, JoJo & Gracie. Not a mated pair as Gracie don't like JoJo that way as they never mated. She much prefers us over him.

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
we have two... we got Greenie and fell in love with Ekkies, so when I saw the ad for Lexi we jumped at the chance to get her and she's just as sweet as he is

OP
coltfire

coltfire

Mar 24, 2013
Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round
@coltfire

Do you breed eclectus?
yes not by choice lol i got my first eckkie lexxi 6 weeks later decided she needed a mate so i got maxx, that was 13 years ago, then they breed and my brother fell in love with them so he got a pair and they breed then we swapped a couple and then breed, and as i say not by choice, i wish they would stop well at least take a break, but they never do once they start, which means i only get a couple of weeks in between clutches and hand raising, but i love them all to death, but all up i have 24 birds(not all eckkies) to look after and love.

OP
coltfire

coltfire

Mar 24, 2013
Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round
we have two... we got Greenie and fell in love with Ekkies, so when I saw the ad for Lexi we jumped at the chance to get her and she's just as sweet as he is
love her name as my first one is named lexxi and she is my baby and always will be

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
I have one, Oliver, a boy almost eight months old. He is an absolute joy! He makes me laugh and surprises me every day with a new change--all of which I love--but I can't imagine taking on more (althought tempting!)...

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
Ten. They are all in my siggie except for Jersey and Skipper who are 3 month old chicks from Rose.

OP
coltfire

coltfire

Mar 24, 2013
Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round
Ten. They are all in my siggie except for Jersey and Skipper who are 3 month old chicks from Rose.
i knew you would top all of us Kathy, the most ive had at one time is 13 after 8 months it went down to 6 it was too much for me and all my time is my animales

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
I have three, two females and a male. I don't breed them but Jax sure wishes for a chance to be with Ruby. :32:

lpolliard

Sep 1, 2012
Media
Mission Viejo CA
Parrots
Male Eclectus ~25 years old (rescue)
I think Chico likes being the only child.

It will be a foster if I ever do take on a second bird. That way I am not committed long term until I can determine if it makes sense for both Chico and myself to adopt.

OP
coltfire

coltfire

Mar 24, 2013
Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round
Wow, you sure do have your hands full! Must be kind of cool though, is it easy to find them good homes?
its getting harder to re-home them as so many people now breed them and its getting flooded, and the price is coming down. where as six months ago i was getting $1200 now im lucky if i can get $700 but im not in it for the money, my birds dont go out unless im sure they will be looked after and feed right.

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
My flock includes some second hand birds who have been in numerous homes. I like to help when I can and I wish more people would consider the plucked females. So many rescues in the U.S. have plucked adult female eclectus.

The thing about acquiring a bird from a rescue for me though, is they insist that should I ever (and I do mean EVER) need to rehome a bird I buy from them, I must return the bird to them. This is not something I want to promise again because birds make friends and it would not be fair to split up a friendship just to satisfy a rescue contract.

I managed to keep Rose from nesting for 3 years. She did lay single eggs off perches during that time but was not interested in them, thank goodness. This last clutch that hatched in Jan 2013 was the first hatch since Dec 2009.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Soda that is just a way of keeping dumb people from giving birds away, but honestly it hardly works we have the same policy at our rescue and it never works half the time people just do as they please....

I have a bonded pair so two, they don't breed but have been bonded for years, I don't really plan to breed them they have no box or anything.

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
there is a local rescue with a plucked female, she's been there for awhile, but i wont adopt from a rescue, I don't want strange people in my home. But both of mine (actually all 4) are rehomes, we're Lexi's 3rd home that I know of and Greenie's 2nd home

nicki

Mar 26, 2013
Media
Dallas TX
Parrots
6 mo old Eclectus :)
I think it is amazing y'all take in birds that can't be cared properly for! Thank ya'll for rehoming from the people who dont understand why their birds are pluckers!

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think it is amazing y'all take in birds that can't be cared properly for! Thank ya'll for rehoming from the people who dont understand why their birds are pluckers!

Thank you very much! Comments like that and people like you are what keep us going at times and of course the satisfaction of helping these grat creatures!

Most Reactions