How many pellets do I give?

mybluebirb

Jun 5, 2023
Parrots
one female indian ringneck
Hello!

Anyone else have an indian ringneck who eats Harrisonā€™s adult lifetime coarse pellets? If so how many pellets do you give them daily?

Anyone else who has these pellets please share how many you give your parrot and what breed they are!

Thank you! ^-^

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I use these pellets for my GCC. I just full enough so the bottom of the bowl is covered and make sure she always has pellets available.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
basically just fill the bowl a bit 1/2 or 1/4 and see if it runs out, if it runs out add more the next day. Birds generally don't overeat and most the food doesn't go in them anyways it just ends up as crumbs on the floor. I'd only ration if the bird started to get fat. They don't eat like dogs.

OP
mybluebirb

mybluebirb

Jun 5, 2023
Parrots
one female indian ringneck
basically just fill the bowl a bit 1/2 or 1/4 and see if it runs out, if it runs out add more the next day. Birds generally don't overeat and most the food doesn't go in them anyways it just ends up as crumbs on the floor. I'd only ration if the bird started to get fat. They don't eat like dogs.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been doing however my bird has recently put on some weight and was constipated (I took her to the vet) and I think itā€™s because she overate šŸ«£ which is why I wondered if Iā€™ve been giving too many pellets this whole time.
She usually eats about 15 pellets a day as well as fruits/veg.

Most Reactions

Latest posts