Parrots
Lovebirds: Gabby, Dino, and Belle Nips
Quaker Parrots: Mozzi and Sydney
Kay-cobbed bedding (25lb bag) - $35
2-3 bags of food - $40
1-3 bags of Spray Millet - $10-15
paper (1-2lb packages) - Idk my dad buys the paper
1-3 toys/folks (from Chipotle) and straws - ...Calculating.... - About $50

So Total: $135 a month (Not all my money (Ok mainly all my money))

I guess this month it'll be a little bit more with my lil Nips' vet appointment.

:green1:

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
I try to keep it low and save so I can buy bigger and better things, this post makes me feel better about how much I spend :p
I'd say I spend about $100 a month

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
We probably spend about $100-$150 a month if you include all of the fresh Vegas etc. I am with Tab on the cost of bird toys in Oz. I usually find it cheaper to buy in bulk from the states and have it sent over. Although recently I have been getting toys from My Parrot Shop in Oz and it does not seem too bad at all.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Really? My parrot shop? :O i thought they were the most expensive place in all australia!!!!! I have ordered twice from them, only the hammock and nuts one time, and foraging things this time, cause i have the coupon..

Even the main 2 ebay bird shops are alot cheaper than them! :p

I found my secret supplier though ;) Theres a young lady who has a little bird shop, and she bulk orders from america.. and unlike every other Australian site, she doesnt triple the money of them!!!

Toys that are 60 dollars, she sells for 30! :) She is honestly half the price of most things! And she can order special things that you want!

She mainly does foot toys, natural toys, and every single type of foraging toy (which are the most expensive types in australia anyway) but she does do a few of the colourful wood ones! :)

If you want i can send you her catalogue ? :)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Tab that would be awesome. I am always on the look out for cheaper toys for Bundii cause that means we can more and Bundii's dad does not cranky:)

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Pellets (between 20-35 dollars) I do not go through it that fast though. On cashews, almonds, and harvest blend maybe 30- 40 dollars a month or two months? But then again that does not go fast either. I do not count fruit, veggies, or eggs since I eat those too. I get toys on sale, pace myself and slowly add toys, get toys from dr foster and smiths and work on making my own toys or fixing my the toys. I spent a bigger amount of money when setting up the cage. I also spent around 36 dollars for a wooden play perch gym.

Last edited:

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Definitely, just PM me your email address and i can forward them through! I dont know how to send them otherwise, cause she just sent me them through email haha :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts