how much must my makaw eat?

cretpar

Oct 30, 2013
Hello, This is my first Post as New owner Macaw.
Bought a tame GreenWing and is about 5 months old.
My issue is that the smallest, eating all the time, particularly seed mixes and other fresh.its TOO Gluttony.

my question is, must to follow up food? or to localize quantity per day?

MenomaMinx

Oct 20, 2013
New Jersey
Parrots
Kumiko the Calico Macaw DNA sexed female 8 years old:On her second month as a service animal–I'm very proud of her:-)
Has your bird been to an avian vet yet?

They will give you what diet your bird should be on. They will also most likely give you instructions to weigh the bird daily, to make sure the bird eats neither too much too little. Also, a change in weight is usually the only indicator that a bird is going to be deathly ill before it's too late, so you probably should have a bird scale anyway and checking about once a week.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
When babies first weaned, they eat eat and eat. They would go through a lot of food more then what most would think. Over time it will slow down a bit. What exactly are you feeding your Macaw other then seed mixes and fresh what?

OP
C

cretpar

Oct 30, 2013
When babies first weaned, they eat eat and eat. They would go through a lot of food more then what most would think. Over time it will slow down a bit. What exactly are you feeding your Macaw other then seed mixes and fresh what?

Thank you for your answers tits.

baby eating Mixtures verselaga and daily fresh fruits and vegetables.

Usualy at the morning with blend,i give a few pellets top and the noon more fruits and vegetables.

Most Reactions

Latest posts