How to stop a parrot going through a catflap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

hucker

Banned
Banned
May 16, 2017
You're entitled to have an opinion but we're entitled to call it out when that opinion appears to be wilfully ignorant.

I'm not going to waste a great deal of time on this because you're clearly not going to change your position but this really is a question of science vs a whimsical notion of 'nature' that demonstrates no understanding of the way the world works and what you're doing to damage it. However, that ignorance has a real impact on the world we live in, so don't be surprised when people call you out when you post such opinions on a forum of people who are educated about the topic and care about the implications of that ignorance.

I have no objection to people disagreeing with me, just to people having hissy fits because they don't like what I say.

And your "education" is just an opinion. Just look at how many people agree and disagree with the greenhouse effect.

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
Well, I'm not sure there have been any hissy fits but I stand by my point, and I'm leaving the discussion. Good luck with your cat flap.

OP
H

hucker

Banned
Banned
May 16, 2017
No hissy fits in here, but that other forum....

(Like I said, this forum has more sensible folk in it - the mere mention of kittens in the other one was enough for everyone to brand me a criminal).

OP
H

hucker

Banned
Banned
May 16, 2017
A classic what? Argument? Are you a Monty Python fan or something?

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)

As a matter of fact, exceptionally yes! I just find it amazing, that you contact a group asking for help, and when they disagree with your basic philosophy that does not work for you, you continue to fight for the answer you wanted in the beginning! I am sorry, but your original concepts are flawed, it is up to you to either work with this or have your companions suffer the consequences!
FYI, sugar draws many more flies than vinegar!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I need to throw in, you will find it possible to have friends in your life, but you may really need to work at it! I say this purely out of experience, have been there and at times dip back into there!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I have always detested this vid, but...

This thread beckons me at the moment...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8RIEQH7zA"]Pet Shop (Dead Parrot) - Monty Python - YouTube[/ame]

OP
H

hucker

Banned
Banned
May 16, 2017

As a matter of fact, exceptionally yes! I just find it amazing, that you contact a group asking for help, and when they disagree with your basic philosophy that does not work for you, you continue to fight for the answer you wanted in the beginning! I am sorry, but your original concepts are flawed, it is up to you to either work with this or have your companions suffer the consequences!
FYI, sugar draws many more flies than vinegar!

No, I simply wanted to know if there were alternatives to a locking catflap. I asked for answers, got answers, and decided the locking flap was best for me. A bit expensive and I didn't want to put collars on the cats, but it sounds like the surest way to stop parrots getting through, which is the most important thing.

OP
H

hucker

Banned
Banned
May 16, 2017
So that's good, question asked many answers given and now THE END!

The end does not have to be asked for, it will stop when people stop giving new answers.

MOD EDIT:This thread has been closed due to the conversation having run it's course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts