HUGE scare this morning!

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
At least 120% of the time, kiwi would start calling to me as soon as she hears us get up in the morning.

This morning there was not one peep. I crept downstairs and called to her, sang a song, clicked my tongue, whistled.

Silence.

Panic started to creep in slowly. I wanted to uncover her cage but I was terrified of what I might find.

I called to the husband and had him do it instead. I was so afraid!!

He tentatively lifted her cage cover….

And we found her..

STILL ASLEEP ON HER PERCH!!!

I forgot all about the time change…so she still had an extra hour of sleep in her….LOL

Well…she was very confused at first, but immediately climbed out and gave me kisses and cuddles, and vice versa of course!

What a way to start the week!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Cute! Yes mine were also a little confused when breakfast came early this morning. Didn't stop them from diving in the bowls though.:D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Whew, thank goodness Kiwi was okay:) My fids do not adjust well to the time change:(

KiwiPlusUs1025

Feb 23, 2014
South Florida
Parrots
Yellow Side Green Check Conure
so glad your Kiwi is ok. If that happened to me, I would do the same thing. My Kiwi didn't seem to notice the time change. she was ready to go this morning. lol

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
We laughed at what Kiwi must have thought when you woke her up 'early'... what is the house on fire?? what's happening?? why is mom and dad white as a sheet!?? Are THEY sick...

Glad it had a happy ending, it is a really funny story, thanks for sharing! :)

JennyB

Mar 27, 2013
Northern Utah
Parrots
Cockatiel - Sunshine - 1990-2014; YSGC Conure - Jellybean - 11 months; Turquoise GC Conure - Jasper - Hatched 1/14
HaHaHa! I had to laugh... I thought for sure our Jellybean was terribly sick this morning, too... she sat around all puffed up, lethargic, no talking, not eating... I had already looked up the number for the avian vet (who is an hour away), was waiting impatiently for them to open at 8:00, and had already weighed her just in case they asked... Went in to wake my son for school, and was considering letting him stay home to birdsit her, when I noticed his alarm clock (which he had not set forward yet) and realized it was only 5:15 birdie time!!! She had to have been thinking "Holy Heck, Why are you up so early???" By the time I left for school, she was happily eating and hopping around the cage, but I almost had a heart attack!!! :eek:

Most Reactions