Hurray for small blessings!

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
My sister finally sent me her old Conure's travel cage.

Despite it being the same style as Porter's old cage he wanted NOTHING to do with it.. .so with a little rigging and some persuasion on the part of myself to the budgies I got them to accept it instead.

Everything is still in transition but for now this is a MUCH better set up all around than what I had to deal with before.

Daffy came back from the vet with a clean bill of health...

And after the initial seperation I haven't had the heart to pull Daffy and Maibock aka 'baby' appart again.

So I opened up Porter's play top, added one of the travel cages and shoved the Budgies in the 'new' cage.

I am quite pleased with it honestly and will be adding a new assortment of jungle style play areas just for them over the upcoming days.

And now Pictures! Far more space... happier birdies.

Kevin says I can get my double stacker cage sometime in july or august.

Until then... I'll keep adding play stuff to this set up.

jugoya-albums-temporary-set-ups-while-we-clean-house-picture13907-img-20150209-164753.jpg

jugoya-albums-temporary-set-ups-while-we-clean-house-picture13909-img-20150209-164653.jpg

jugoya-albums-temporary-set-ups-while-we-clean-house-picture13908-img-20150209-164636.jpg

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
What a nice setup. :) Lucky budgies

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm happy for you that you're able to make it work so well! ...and July or August will be here in no time :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That's not a bad setup at all! Very nice for Porter to have a 2 story home now;) And the budgies look pleased:) I like the little ladder down the center. If they get in an argument, at least they can stay on each others respective side of the cage:D

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
You work with what you have.

Until the inspection of our appartment is done I have to wait on the play gym part. But still.... space.. they actually have space to move around.

The keets sing more... and are happier too.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I have a similar cage to that white one for my budgies if they have to go board somewhere. It'll fit in the car, but it's still a decent size and it's long so they can fly from end to end. I bet yours will love it in theirs.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Your two-story cage is such a cool idea, I might have to try it when I get an open-top cage! What do you use to keep them together?

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
I use stainless steel wire clips; curled around with pliers so that the ends meet.
But then... I'm a Jeweler it made sense at the time xD

Most Reactions

Latest posts