I am getting a senegal!!!whooop!!!!

Mr.Zeeko

Feb 11, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
Zeeko - Senegal
Hi Beth. Who was the breeder in Etobicoke, if you don't mind me asking?? Can I get his info. I did find a breeder in Ingersoll Ontario (just off the 401). He has a 9 week old female for $150. Does that sound reasonable?? I was gonna check her out later this evening .... But Etobicoke is much closer if the price isn't high!

Thanks

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
let me ask the breeder if she has any ok?.....150. sounds good.....just make sure it was hand fed AND hand tamed.

Anne

Mar 1, 2014
The Netherlands
Parrots
Otto - Senegal Parrot born in 2006
Weekamp - Senegal Parrot born in 2007
Joris - Congo African Grey born in 2008
Suzy - Blue fronted Amazon born in 2009 or in 2006
Kwiebuz - Caique born in 2013
Wow, only 150 for a Senegal... We pay a lot more here. In euro's at least 250.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
...no no....not 150 for a senegal.... Mr.Z was asking about conures.

here in canada we pay around $250-450 for a senegal, depends if it's tame or not.

Anne

Mar 1, 2014
The Netherlands
Parrots
Otto - Senegal Parrot born in 2006
Weekamp - Senegal Parrot born in 2007
Joris - Congo African Grey born in 2008
Suzy - Blue fronted Amazon born in 2009 or in 2006
Kwiebuz - Caique born in 2013
Ah ok. That sounds a lot different. I was afraid that I was born in the wrong country. The country where parrots are more expensive than in another country :p

Mr.Zeeko

Feb 11, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
Zeeko - Senegal
LOL! If Senegals were $150 I would probably have a zoo!!! Thank god that isn't the case... Any luck with your breeder in Etobicoke Beth ?? It would be nice to purchase for a well know breeder, so I have my fingers crossed!!! :eek:

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
sorry, Vee, I had a customer just pick up one of my baby cockatiels.
she does not have any ATM.

are you anxious to get one soon?

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
YAYYYYY!!!! Beth I'm so excited for you!!!!!! 2 weeks seems like an eternity right now, but it'll go by fast ;) can't wait to see pictures of your new baby! :D

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
thanks Shirre, I honestly cannot wait...I'm busy with breeding right now so it keeps my mind off it.

Mr.Zeeko

Feb 11, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Parrots
Zeeko - Senegal
Thanks Beth for checking. To answer your question about being anxious, I have been saving up to purchase one more bird because 2 is my max since I live in an apartment. I narrowed it down to a GCC, White-Capped Pionus or Meyers parrot. While doing research and reading other peoples blogs on these birds, I decided on the GCC. I wanted a bird that was not to big and would cuddle and want to be around me, as well as I wanted a youngster. Zeeko has his moments and he is a nervous fella and still a little reserved at the moment. I know it will take time with him, so we are going slow. Who knows, maybe the GCC will bring him out of his shell??
After calling around yesterday, and visiting 3 different breeders, I did finally found my GCC. It is actually a Yellow-sided GCC and is a 10 week old male. There were 3 boys that latched on to me, but this little one I selected never left me the whole time visiting. Let's just say, I was the chosen one....LOL!
I am now deciding on a name. It's between Shiloh or Tazo (chai). Although, his colouring looks like a burst of colourful leaves during the fall time. What does everyone think? I'm taking a vote!!
Thanks again everyone and thank you Beth ...

Most Reactions