I am HAPPY!!! Just want to share

Looneybird

Sep 4, 2012
Gulf Shores, Al
Parrots
2 Sun Conure (fem/male)
1 Cocktail
Hi I am so happy now.
Yesterday I tried to reach for y'all the whole day! Was so afraid, did not know what to do...
I have a pair of Sun Conures, 2 or 3 years old. She laid 4 eggs for the first time, I wasn't prepare and was not trying to breed them...
Have some experience with birds, always have birds since very young, but never hand feed them.
So I start reading EVERYTHING I could about, so I would be prepared if they need to. My female seat at the eggs all the time and got very protective (good, she was doing what she supposed to do), but after exactly 25 days, she did not want anymore...
I think was my fault, I changed her cage. Just before she laid the first egg I put her cage at the bathroom to give her more quite time, but at the same time I could not keep very clean, so I returned her cage to living room. Was a mistake! After that she did not want to return for the nest.
So yesterday, I panic! Did not know what to do....Stay reading and reading again. Finally I kept the eggs with a heating lamp and small bowl with wet paper towel for humidity. Then late at night, payed more attention to the eggs and discover 1 was bad ( was just dark liquid, so I discard), another one had a small crack!!! Then I could hear the little baby inside!!! Amazing!!! So I could not sleep, stay waiting him to hatched..., but he did not : ( Went to sleep and woke up at middle of the night a few times and nothing! So I panic again : )
How long that would take ??? So today in the morning at 10 am the baby hatched : )
Sorry to right so much. Is my first time with my new baby : ) and I am excited ( and I know also everything that can goes wrong) But for now I want to enjoy my little baby.
So now some questions, I read the first 12 hs the baby did not need to eat...,
Also I read first 12 hs are critical, if the parents do not feed them you should pull the baby and start feeding...
What you think? The baby hatched 10 AM I feed at 4 PM just in case.
Also they say...hand feed every 2 hs.
So maybe now is time to feed again?
Thanks for all the responses. And please do not say that I am an idiot to change the cage..., because I already think that : )
But I leave in a small apartment..., did not know the best place to keep the cage and babies...

Most Reactions

Latest posts