I am so STOKED!!!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Yay! Congrats!!!! Im so happy for you! :D What are you going to name this little blue?

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What's the update today? Is the baby still in the nest? (Fingers crossed for Day 3 success:)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
YES!!~!!
he's still in there, I am in awe over here.....
and I "think" I heard two peeps today....oh wow, I think I'm going to faint, ha ha

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congrats Grandma on the probable new baby! So glad to hear there have not been evicted:)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
oh gosh, no more evictions please!!....I went thru 18 of them last year, long before you joined on here.....it was the most miserable experience to endure.

BUT so far so good....and keeping my fingers crossed.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Well, that's it then...I am going to bring you luck this year (fingers crossed:) )

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
oh gosh, no more evictions please!!....I went thru 18 of them last year, long before you joined on here.....it was the most miserable experience to endure.

BUT so far so good....and keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh yes I hope they would be good for you!!!!!!! I'm excited too as Cordon Bleu is one of my favorite!!!!! Once I have my aviary finished I may need to look into getting a pair of them for myself. Keep me up to date on how they're doing. :)

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
Theyre so beautiful!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Need an update today, Beth! How are they?

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
still in there!! it's driving me nuts not being able to at least take a wee peek, they sure do know how to torture me, lol.

is this day 4?....I think so....

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Congrats! You need something like a mini Go Pro to go in there, huh?

Can't wait to eventually see some pictures of your new babies!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
....guess what I found :(.....on the bottom of the cage.
I can still here peeps coming from one of the nests, I have no idea where from.

it could be from my opaline red rumps, she is sitting on 5 fertile eggs, and should be hatching any day now. :)she's in the opposite avairy.....tough to hear with all those birds that won't shut up!!...ha ha

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
OMG Beth not again....have you thought about raising them in cages instead to do a controlled breeding instead of a aviary setting?

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
OMG Beth not again....have you thought about raising them in cages instead to do a controlled breeding instead of a aviary setting?

omg mikey you crack me up!....I know you didn't mean to but you did:p

remember I had my other finches in a controlled breeding cage and they tossed 18 babies.....thus the reason for the aviary.

I thought I would try it.

these parent s are not even 1.5 years, and first time parents....I will give them some time to adjust to parent hood.....there also could have been something wrong with the chick too...

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Oh yea.....duh!!!! We shouldn't be going backwards......lol

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Oh yea.....duh!!!! We shouldn't be going backwards......lol

no worries, you can't remember all the drama that goes on here now can you:rolleyes::eek:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I do remember but I had more then my share for the day....lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts