OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Ok guys.. We have an emergency!!! :p

For my paramedic pack i am ordering... I was looking at the stethoscopes singularly, and i realised the colours are off...

I hate things being different colours... Like with my horse gear.. I hate different shades of blue.. They have to be EXACTLY the same :p

So..

This is the pack, and the 5 stethoscopes to choose from, and the colour of the sphygmomanometer ( I am choosing the palm style sphyg, the traditional one is pictured)

The top picture, is the SAME steth, as the steth on the right ^
and the bottom picture, has the same, as the steth on the left.. Which looks EXACTLY the same :eek:

So now i don't know which is actually the closest in colour.. Considering the dark pink one, looks the same in the pack pic, but singularly.. It looks different ?

and that is the scissors in the pack close up

Tough decision hey?! :p

The steth with the rainbow metal looks closest in colour, but it is a different brand, and the descriptions say the same things, but it is cheaper, so it must be not as high quality?

I get a choice of whichever steth colour in the pack, and i just can't decide.. and i don't want to get the wrong colour :31:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
You're turning into a girly girl right before my unbelieving eyes! :p Hahaha!

But keep in mind, dearest Tabitha, the lesson you learned while taking pics of Fargo. Sometimes his colors would come out significantly different depending on which camera you were using at the time, as well as the lighting and use of the flash. So you might want to be careful judging shades of the same color based on what you're seeing in pictures.

It's entirely possible that different pics were taken by different cameras or under different lighting conditions. So, with that in mind, my suggestion would be to go with the pack, as that has the best chance of being the closest in color. Know what i mean?

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That is a good thinking Batman!!!!!!!!!!

Damn lighting..:09: Ok, i will order the one with the pack and hopefully it is the same.. I will order a little clip holder for my waist band which holds the steth, apparently people get theirs stolen at res schools :20:

Guess what guys :eek:

Yesterday mum and dad went out for dinner, and came home this morning...

and mum came into my room and HUGGED me :eek: and said- Dad and i are VERY proud of you for your results at uni... Here is a card, and a present:

:eek:
'For our very clever daughter- Congratulations T.J on your excellent results in uni.. Dad and i are very proud of you.. Here is a little gift, and please help me order your new showjumping set.. Love mum and dad

:eek: I have been wanting a new showjumping set for over a year...
This is the pack i wanted:

I am a little shocked.... Lost for words... This is one of the nicest things mum has ever said to me, especially considering the past few weeks we have hardly spoken much..

The T.J thing is because i watched Stargate Universe, and the paramedic was a main character, and she was called T.J (Tamara Johansson :p ) and it sounded so awesome, it just seemed to fit being a paramedic..

and my name is Tabitha Jane.. Hence ever since i was little i thought T.J was cool ;) Hence, as a paramedic, i will try and get T.J to catch on.. HAHAHA

On my stethoscope i might get T.J engraved on it ;)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Holy cow Tab! What an amazing gift!!! And you deserve it too!! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful boys jumping them!! [emoji4]

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
That's awesome Tab. Or should that be TJ. :D

So glad your mum and dad expressed their feelings. That is an awesome pressie/reward. Can't wait to see pics of the boys jumping it. :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so happy for you, Robin! (What? You did call me Batman, earlier, so I just figured...;))

I only wish I could've seen your face when you read that card, my friend. You probably lit up the room!

You deserve every bit of happiness you're feeling right now, T.J. And then some. Enjoy it!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh this day just keeps getting better! :eek:

My paramedic lecturer put up a residential school package which explains all the times, maps, and places where to stay!

Our first day starts at 9am, instead of 8am like the others! :11:

So that means i can fly there monday morning!!!!!! The earliest flight got there at 8am, so i would have been late, hence had to go the night before..

But now i can just go in the morning!! One less night away from Fargo!! :p Woo hoo haha :D

Thanks guys! It will be interesting to see how they all react to the pretty bright jump sets :D

Oh you should have seen my face when she hugged me.. That was the biggest surprise of all :54:

I am wondering what i should get engraved on the steth? We get a free engraving..
Tabitha "TJ" Brown :p Just T.J ?

I actually really want to be called T.J..

T.J THERES BEEN AN ACCIDENT! :rolleyes: hahaha

I was never good with nicknames as a kid because i always forgot? :54:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Sweet! I know the time away from Fargo was really messing with you. I'm glad to hear that you can cut it down by a night.

And as for your engraving, My vote is for T.J!

Most Reactions

Latest posts