I didn't get pooped on!

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
HURRAH! If it's not me, or someone else, or the furniture, it's something we really don't want to be pooped on. But Merlin manages it, he even seems funny about going in his cage.

ANYWHO, I purchased a play stand for him which arrived yesterday and he's been quite enjoying that and even playing with toys (which he never does!)

The perch is also helping him with his feet as he is unable to club foot or he will fall!

ANYWAY:

Just as I was cleaning and changing the food dishes and the base of the playstand, Merlin flew over, had a sip of the fresh water and shook his booty like no tomorrow and let out a great big one... onto the playstands 'base' and then flew back to me.

HURRAH, 'GOOD BOY MERLIN! WELL DONE MERLIN!'
So happy, about this, maybe he will start using this perch as a place to poop which is more than fine by me!

We've been trying to train him to go poop in his cage when we're in my room, but he had nowhere he was 'allowed' in the livingroom, either way, he just went wherever. But this is his first 'fly to the good place and poo' so I'm exstatic, who thought anyone could get happy about poo?

The only downside is... I didn't have nay newspaper down so he did it on the nice clean surface booo... well back to cleaning!

upcgirl

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Parrots
Max--Senegal

RIP Ricco--Mexican Red Head Amazon
You know, I don't really know how much potty training is really involved with birds....

I had an Amazon and if I said "poop" he would go. Rarely would he go on me.

I now have a Senegal. And he seems to use his cage to do his duty. :)

I guess it is just luck... lol

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I'm very jealous, haha! Merlin just goes anywhere, but nothis cage. &usually flies over to someone (he's a clingy bird) before he does his poops. So someone gets it. :(

Most Reactions