I don't think it is right??

Birdieboy

Jul 15, 2010
Virginia
Parrots
Two parakeets. Kindle and Charlie
I have a friend who owns a green cheek conure. Every time I go and see it I can't help but think the cage is to small for it. We are going to take mesurements tomorow but I want to know what the minimum size cage these guys need? Conure experts I am looking towards you for help:D:orange:

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
If the conure has room to play and move around freely and stretch their wings and beyond with toys, perches dishes etc without it seeming cramped then it should be ok. If you are looking at a bird in a cage and thinking "this looks too small" then it usually is.

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
1 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure: Cody <3
A cage should be (as a minimum) large enough for some toys and for them to stretch their wings out to their full wingspan. Like Beilana said, if he looks cramped then it's too small! It's also important to know, however, that a green cheek doesn't NEED a 4'x6' cage either.

OP
Birdieboy

Birdieboy

Jul 15, 2010
Virginia
Parrots
Two parakeets. Kindle and Charlie
Alright I have come to the conclusion that the cage is to small. I will make sure to tell him as soon as I can walk over to his house( we got snow). Thank you for the information.

Leroy_Paige

Nov 23, 2010
Media
Albums
Colorado
Parrots
Tuco the Nanday Conure, Satchel and Gibby DSH
The suggested minimum for a conure is 18x18x36. A standard size. I have a 20x20x36 for Tuco. Also a standard size.

Most Reactions