I have a chance to get a baby B&G should I???

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
Big decision! So of course I'm asking you guys what you think!
So I was texting the lady I got Merlin from I keep in touch with her and send her updates on Merlin and she is doing much better now that she has sold a lot of breeders and has her place under control now. She asked me if I would like to take this baby B&G Macaw she is 8 months old and the reason shes asking me to take her is because shes a very shy bird around new people at first and scared of men so she wants her to go to a good home and she knows Merlin is very spoiled lol so she said she would love it if I would take her instead of a stranger. Now I did want a baby Macaw so I am thinking this is kinda perfect even if it isnt a Shamrock Macaw plus I wouldnt be spending thousands of dollars. Im not sure though I did have my heart set on a Shamrock but I do LOVE B&G Macaws and she is sooo cute. Do you guys think I should go by and see if we are a good match??? Im so undecided! Here are some pics of her.
sher1_zps04d46101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
sher3_zps7186f00d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
sher2_zps0dd13814.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
I agree, can't hurt to meet her... if she runs and hides, then not meant to be, but if she snuggles into you like she found her home, then you know...

As for what color she is... I've posted before an old saying in the horse world... a good horse is never a bad color. The perfect new macaw for you may be blue and gold... go meet her and try to be colorblind :)

Lovebird

Jan 4, 2014
Parrots
Peach Faced Lovebirds- Maxwell and Claire
Dream Bird: U2
I think that you should if she gets along with Merlin, and especially if you can care for him. I know that you're great with birds!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Im sure you would be great with her [You would not have to twist my arm :))

Most Reactions

Latest posts