I have a confession....

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
I love smelling Baby too. I think it's the power-down feathers. I love burying my nose and cheeks in his feathers. There's a little aroma of Baby when I walk into my room. Tiels and toos are two of the birds I love to smell.

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Ohhh, the Amazon smell... so many happy memories. <3 Another great birb smell.

Oh man, wet parakeet is soooo bad tho. Ick. I'm coming to hate Fatty's baths lol

From phone

themowingcrew

Feb 1, 2017
I sniff my bird. What is is about the 'tiel smell that is just so.... I don't even know. But it's great. I sniff him at least once per holding him. [emoji23]

Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo to do this. Of course, I am probably the only weirdo to tell him he smells like a bird after doing so.... like every single time.

:yellow1: My bird probably thinks I'm a lunatic. I also declare he is falling apartttt! Every time I find a molted feather....

From phone
Yes they do smell really nice get him a mate.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
I always have to explain to my friends and family that Berry smells like baby powder...

tanyamitchellrn

Nov 17, 2017
Northwest Illinois
Parrots
Kaya Cockatoo, EJ Amazon, Pepper African Grey, Casey IRN, Glen Sun Conure
I sniff my birds too. My husband caught me and gave me an odd look and said...”are you smelling him?” Haha. I love it and sniff mine with every holding/daily. So, you are not the only weirdo to do this.

Each of my birds smell so different. I have a U2, BFA, IRN, and a parrotlet. My favorite cuddles come from the biggest and the smallest birds, but my favorite smell is the Amazon [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
I sniff my bird. What is is about the 'tiel smell that is just so.... I don't even know. But it's great. I sniff him at least once per holding him. [emoji23]

Please tell me I'm not the only weirdo to do this. Of course, I am probably the only weirdo to tell him he smells like a bird after doing so.... like every single time.

:yellow1: My bird probably thinks I'm a lunatic. I also declare he is falling apartttt! Every time I find a molted feather....

From phone
Yes they do smell really nice get him a mate.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

He is 16 years old, I think it's a little late for him to enter the dating scene. He'd never be able to keep up with some chick(ha ha, see what I did there). Alex, I'm afraid, is forever single.

RobynnLynne

Jul 1, 2019
Nestled in the beautiful mountains of Perry County
Parrots
Mr. Sunshine, a 15 to 20 year old Panama Amazon Parrot.
I sniff my bird. What is is about the 'tiel smell that is just so.... I don't even know. But it's great. I sniff him at least once per holding him. 😂

From phone
BIRD SNIFFERS: YOU ARE NOT ALONE
I think Mr. Sunshine smells soooo good. What is that smell they give off? that pleasant sweet fruity nut feathered friendly delicious aroma of a bird. I LOVE to sniff Mr. Sunshine!!!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
It's true... I'm a sniffer too. Few things in life like happy parrot smell. My youngest son asks me pretty much daily, "does he (or she) smell like happy bird?"

Honestly, I kind of thought it was just a "bird people" thing. I would bet it's probably harder to find those who DON'T sniff their birds than those who do. :-D

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
:DI only eat the blood of my enemies......and then smell my birds and eat their wings with my lips and go nom nom nom while they go grrrr grrrr grrrr.
Much enjoyment all around.

Attachments

• GEDC0480.jpg
    GEDC0480.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 86

Most Reactions

Latest posts