I have a problem...

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
no none other than parrakeets
I have just found out that the breeder I was going to get the macaw from cannot ship him across state lines since they don't have a permit. I'm also unable to drive there and pick him up because of complications. Do you guys know any good breeders that may have blue throated macaws and cold ship them. If not I may just have to drive to pick him up.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have just found out that the breeder I was going to get the macaw from cannot ship him across state lines since they don't have a permit. I'm also unable to drive there and pick him up because of complications. Do you guys know any good breeders that may have blue throated macaws and cold ship them. If not I may just have to drive to pick him up.
You'll probably have a tough time finding a good breeder of Blue Throated Macaws. They are critically endangered in the wild and most captive breeding is done in zoo environments. You ought to try to take the trip to pick up the one that's available. If not, select another species of macaw.
Where do you live? People need to know in order to recommend a breeder closer to you.

OP
K

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
no none other than parrakeets
You'll probably have a tough time finding a good breeder of Blue Throated Macaws. They are critically endangered in the wild and most captive breeding is done in zoo environments. You ought to try to take the trip to pick up the one that's available. If not, select another species of macaw.
Where do you live? People need to know in order to recommend a breeder closer to you.
I live in Oregon and my next best choice for a macaw would be Camelot but I really want blue throated macaw and I am willing to take the 13hr drive or less to get my blue throat

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
I have just found out that the breeder I was going to get the macaw from cannot ship him across state lines since they don't have a permit. I'm also unable to drive there and pick him up because of complications. Do you guys know any good breeders that may have blue throated macaws and cold ship them. If not I may just have to drive to pick him
Despite the fact that your bird may be bred in captivity, all Blue-throated macaws now require permits for any sale from one State to another. For more information on Federal Permits for ESA listed species, go to www.fws.gov or www.afabirds.org/esa.shtml.

Most Reactions

Latest posts