Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a magnificent tribute, Terry. Your love for Phoe deeply resonates, his memories live in your mind and heart. Huge hugs My Friend.

Thank you, my Dear Friend, I'll take those hugs:)

Terr, this was such a beautiful tribute. You've captured so eloquently what so many of us have felt upon losing a heart-bird. Thank you so much for sharing this tribute with us.

Phoe was truly a special bird. That comes across both in this poem and in all else you've ever written about him. But I take solace knowing he's joined my Bixby and Suzie in the Eternal Flock that flies forever beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Love ya, Terr! Sending hugs your way.

Thank you, Stephen, I draw comfort imagining the three of them together. What a reunion we all will have someday! I'll happily take your hugs as well, Darlin'.

I must admit that I am not a bird person, or at least I didn't start out that way, but I'm really starting to get it. I was a little confused at first, maybe even a little jealous or excluded or something like that. The missus and her "little friend" have been a mystery to me until I stared participating here. At first, I seriously did feel as if I were crashing a party (lol, LaManuka, thank you for the phrase!). I really looked at him like an object, with no redeeming characteristics. Oh I still don't like the little guy, and the feeling is mutual, but I look at him in a different way, a bit like he is a nasty-tempered little fellow being, but a fellow being, if that makes any sense. A fellow being. Reading this thread really got to me. I have genuine respect for what you feel and I even feel it myself, Terry. You have a great bunch of friends here, and I feel included, which is nice. And Gaily my darling, I'm glad you got me involved.

Thanks everybody. May 2020 be good to us.

I honestly can't imagine the forum without you and Gail! I'm also sending her a huge thank you for bringing you into the forum family. I am so glad I can count you two among my friends, and also hope that 2020 is a banner year for us all.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
In honor of Phoe, I am halting construction on that new doghouse, Rival.
20/20 is already looking up, truly.
We oughtta declare December 30 (or maybe just the last Monday of the Old Year) International Phoe Day and celebrate it annually. I will take this up with the Oddball Hausfrau Hens' House (OHHH)... I have some influence there...

Last edited:

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Sweet terry, I felt your heart in there, and now you have me all welled up. Such a beautiful tribute for a beautiful soul<3

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
In honor of Phoe, I am halting construction on that new doghouse, Rival.
20/20 is already looking up, truly.
We oughtta declare December 30 (or maybe just the last Monday of the Old Year) International Phoe Day and celebrate it annually. I will take this up with the Oddball Hausfrau Hens' House (OHHH)... I have some influence there...

You are so sweet and I love you for that:) You guys touched my heart, I just read the other thread. I love you all.

Sweet terry, I felt your heart in there, and now you have me all welled up. Such a beautiful tribute for a beautiful soul<3

Thank you so much, Chris. He truly was a beautiful soul and so are you, my Friend.

Last edited:

Chrissiejingles

Nov 21, 2019
ENGLAND
Parrots
Mr Jingles OWA.....RIP
A beautiful poem...thank you.
Really sums up the love we have for these special heart birds. How truly wonderful they are.x

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
A beautiful poem...thank you.
Really sums up the love we have for these special heart birds. How truly wonderful they are.x

Thank you so much. Sending hugs to you for your loss of Mr. Jingles.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Terry, that was beautiful:) Hugs:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

Most Reactions