Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my Darling Justice, how I miss you already.

I remember the day you came to us, and having to watch your former owner smack you with that net over and over as she tried to catch you was absolutely awful. Hearing the terrible things she said about you, based solely on you being a darker colour than her female, and watching her try her best to hurt you even though you were coming home with me began to show me some of what you'd been through in your seventeen years of life.

Remember your first few months when you panicked every time we walked into the room? I do, and that broke my heart that you were still so afraid.
Remember the first time you took a treat from me? Boy, I do! I danced around the room while you watched me like I was crazy.

I remember every first with you, everything required so much courage from you and I was in awe every time you fought through your fear.
I remember the first scritch to the last, and the one just a couple of weeks ago where you let me scritch you for as long as I would.

I remember all of the dancing and singing we shared in our short nine years together, and the way you laughed like me. The way you acted like it was me on the phone, you'd chat with yourself complete with breaks for the other person to talk, and then you would laugh and laugh.

I hope you're laughing now, and that all of the pain of the early memories has been wiped from your mind. I hope that broken toe of yours that had healed with it pointing upside down is now straight again.
I wish nothing but blue skies and happiness for you, my Baby Boy.

I love you with all my heart, and I'm so thankful that I had the privilege of knowing you and loving you...of watching you turn into the bird you always should have been.
Thank you for all you gave me, and all you taught me.
My life will never be the same without you, but I'm so glad that I have your memories to help me through.

I will see you again, I have faith in that. Until then, I hope you and Phoe will keep each other company. Keep an eye on that bridge, my beloved other Heart Bird.
I'll see you there.

full

full

full

McawLovr

Feb 14, 2023
Parrots
Dragon - my Blue and gold buddy of 42 years
Thank you for your lovely message.
The same thing happened to me with Lucy, my beloved eclectus girl. I remember the tears dripping down my cheeks. I'm so fortunate to still have B&G Dragon, my best friend for 44 years.
My heart goes out to you.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Terry I am sure Justice left this world knowing he was loved and cared for by you. I hope you are reunited over the Rainbow Bridge, where I know my Maxie waits for me (bullying the big birds to make room for him). Remember the great things you brought into Justice's life, how much you changed his life for the better. Those things count very much in the final assessment.

isminuer

Apr 8, 2023
Parrots
Double yellow headed parrot

I remember the day you came to us, and having to watch your former owner smack you with that net over and over as she tried to catch you was absolutely awful. Hearing the terrible things she said about you, based solely on you being a darker colour than her female, and watching her try her best to hurt you even though you were coming home with me began to show me some of what you'd been through in your seventeen years of life.

Remember your first few months when you panicked every time we walked into the room? I do, and that broke my heart that you were still so afraid.
Remember the first time you took a treat from me? Boy, I do! I danced around the room while you watched me like I was crazy.

I remember every first with you, everything required so much courage from you and I was in awe every time you fought through your fear.
I remember the first scritch to the last, and the one just a couple of weeks ago where you let me scritch you for as long as I would.

I remember all of the dancing and singing we shared in our short nine years together, and the way you laughed like me. The way you acted like it was me on the phone, you'd chat with yourself complete with breaks for the other person to talk, and then you would laugh and laugh.

I hope you're laughing now, and that all of the pain of the early memories has been wiped from your mind. I hope that broken toe of yours that had healed with it pointing upside down is now straight again.

I love you with all my heart, and I'm so thankful that I had the privilege of knowing you and loving you...of watching you turn into the bird you always should have been.
My life will never be the same without you, but I'm so glad that I have your memories to help me through.

I will see you again, I have faith in that. Until then, I hope you and Phoe will keep each other company. Keep an eye on that bridge, my beloved other Heart Bird.
I'll see you there.

full

full

full

I'll see you there.

full

full

full
I'm so sorry for your loss! It’s heartbreaking 💔

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh my gosh, Terry, my heart is breaking for you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome little guy. He was SO pretty and SO happy, and I'm sure he loved you so so so so SO much. I didn't really know Justice, but I can't imagine how much this must hurt for you... and I am so, so sorry for you, Reg, and the rest of the flock.

BIG hugs coming your way, from my flock to yours.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Terry, my heart breaks to know how Justice suffered so dreadfully for those first awful 17 years of his life! I wish he could have spent his whole life with you, being cherished and adored the way he always deserved to be, I can only hope the love you gave him completely erased those horrors from his mind. He knew love, happiness and joy because of you, and you WILL see him again, the bonds that you shared are unbreakable. Many hugs to you and Reg - once again I'm so awfully sorry for your loss💔

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
My heartbreaks with the arrival of this news.

In this morning's early mist a crow landed on our east porch and spent near an hour moving about our porch as if she was looking for something or someone very special.

Rainbow Bridge continues to be that special place, but with what seems like an ever increasing number of those crossing, I believe that those who have passed before are busy gathering-up and positioning so that each new arrival's members can be ready for them. Especially since they are likely first assure that those still here are comforted. Watch closely as a feathered visitor may stop by for just a moment.

I have long known that our wonderful feathered loved ones had been very busy in assuring a space in our hearts for themselves and for others. Everyone of them that had a hard life and have found a home that loved them deeply have built such spaces, bit-by-bit as they opened to the love they received. They know and miss us as deeply, but knew they were needed to help others crossover.

The crow that visited this morning was likely looking for her charge and to help that one crossover. Who, I will never know, but she did and flew to the North.

My heart grieves with you dear friend. My only resolve is that when it is our turn, your crossing will be very well attended as even those that have never met you will be there because you reached-out and helped others!

Huge, Warm, Amazon Feather Hugs and Prayers Dear Friend!!

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I read all of these wonderful posts to Reg last night, and we both had a good cry together. A huge thank you to all who posted here or in the other thread, I can't thank you enough.

The same thing happened to me with Lucy, my beloved eclectus girl. I remember the tears dripping down my cheeks. I'm so fortunate to still have B&G Dragon, my best friend for 44 years.
I'm so sorry for your loss of Lucy, and I'm glad you have Dragon to help heal your heart.
Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate it so much.

Rest in peace Justice :(

I'm sure, he's grateful for this what you gave for him 💔

Thank you Roz, he showed us every day how happy he was. He started as a traumatized, terrified bird who was also scared of toys, and by the time he passed he loved any toy I put in there, and was no longer afraid of anything.
I'm so grateful for all he did for me, he changed my life.

Terry I am sure Justice left this world knowing he was loved and cared for by you. I hope you are reunited over the Rainbow Bridge, where I know my Maxie waits for me (bullying the big birds to make room for him). Remember the great things you brought into Justice's life, how much you changed his life for the better. Those things count very much in the final assessment.

Oh Al, this is so beautiful, thank you my friend. It makes me smile to think of your precious Maxie bullying the bigger birds to make room for him.
He also changed my life, and what I learned from him will help other birds in the future. He left not only broken hearts when he left, but also a legacy that will live on. I'm so thankful for that.

Justice is so beautiful. He had such a wonderful life once he met you, and your wife. I’m glad you saved him.
Thank you so much, kme, my husband and I appreciate it so much. I'm so glad he came to us, he taught me so much in those 9 short years.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm so sorry for your loss! It’s heartbreaking 💔
Thank you so much, my husband and I appreciate your condolences so much.

Oh my gosh, Terry, my heart is breaking for you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome little guy. He was SO pretty and SO happy, and I'm sure he loved you so so so so SO much. I didn't really know Justice, but I can't imagine how much this must hurt for you... and I am so, so sorry for you, Reg, and the rest of the flock.

BIG hugs coming your way, from my flock to yours.

Thank you, my friend, we truly appreciate your kind words. The hugs are also appreciated so much, I can feel them from across the miles.

Oh Terry, my heart breaks to know how Justice suffered so dreadfully for those first awful 17 years of his life! I wish he could have spent his whole life with you, being cherished and adored the way he always deserved to be, I can only hope the love you gave him completely erased those horrors from his mind. He knew love, happiness and joy because of you, and you WILL see him again, the bonds that you shared are unbreakable. Many hugs to you and Reg - once again I'm so awfully sorry for your loss💔
Thank you, sweet Mart, I also wish we had had Justice in our lives for that first 17 years. I think that if we had, Justice may still be with us. Stress takes so much of a toll, and despite the fact that we can change their lives going forward from the time we get them, we can never undo the damage that was done before.

I know we will see him again, just as you will precious Lily. Thank you again.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
My heartbreaks with the arrival of this news.

In this morning's early mist a crow landed on our east porch and spent near an hour moving about our porch as if she was looking for something or someone very special.

Rainbow Bridge continues to be that special place, but with what seems like an ever increasing number of those crossing, I believe that those who have passed before are busy gathering-up and positioning so that each new arrival's members can be ready for them. Especially since they are likely first assure that those still here are comforted. Watch closely as a feathered visitor may stop by for just a moment.

I have long known that our wonderful feathered loved ones had been very busy in assuring a space in our hearts for themselves and for others. Everyone of them that had a hard life and have found a home that loved them deeply have built such spaces, bit-by-bit as they opened to the love they received. They know and miss us as deeply, but knew they were needed to help others crossover.

The crow that visited this morning was likely looking for her charge and to help that one crossover. Who, I will never know, but she did and flew to the North.

My heart grieves with you dear friend. My only resolve is that when it is our turn, your crossing will be very well attended as even those that have never met you will be there because you reached-out and helped others!

Huge, Warm, Amazon Feather Hugs and Prayers Dear Friend!!

Oh my very dear friend, thank you for this, it is so beautiful. I know you know this pain as well, taking in birds in need brings so much joy, but it also brings so many tears when we lose them far too soon.

I'm in tears reading this again, thank you for your incredibly kind thoughts. Your crossing will also be well attended, my friend. You have helped so many birds, and that will always be remembered.

So sorry for your heartbreaking loss. With you, Justice had the good home and good life he deserved and all the love you could give him. He will always be with you in your heart.
Thank you so much, from Reg and I both. Yes, he has a permanent place carved out in my heart, and I will never forget the lessons he taught me and the love he gave me.

Such a tear inducing eulogy. My heart is so sore for you with the loss of your feathered child Justice. Justice now lives deep within your soul and his love will shine through you each and everyday.
Thank you so much, he really did feel like my child. The thought of his love showing through me is such a beautiful thought. Thank you for that.

Rambosmother

May 31, 2019
44 years! What a blessing. I just lost my Quaker few days ago. He was 30 years old and I've had him since a baby. I am devastated.

Most Reactions

Latest posts