May 9, 2013
Milan,mi
Parrots
Sun conure "Akiro"
Indian ring neck "Ollie"
Indian ring neck "kiwi"
Green cheek conure "squeakers"
CAG"Barney"
So I'm doing a paper for my college class and it's a research paper and I need to do a survey for my paper.
So my question is "is clipping a birds wings better for captive living"
If you guys wanted to put your input on my question it would help a lot . Now this will be written in a paper, read by people in my class and my professor and if you don't want what you write put in my paper just let me know
Thank you :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes please do search through the old threads cause this same question been repeatedly posted over and over every so often.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
It is a highly controversial subject, as Wendy has said. And there is no "cut and dry" answer to it. Mostly, it boils down to the individual bird and the way the owner interacts with their bird. Some birds don't seem to suffer any ill effects (and in some cases it can IMPROVE the birds behavior) while other birds react so negatively to having their flight taken from them they will rip out their feathers. Certain owners enjoy taking their birds outdoors unleashed, while others want their birds to be able to fly all over the house. Some owners fear their bird escaping out a window/door, hitting a window/wall, flying into a toilet ext... while others carefully weigh the risk/benefit and feel doing better bird proofing or a higher level of training (recall) is a better option. Some people have other pets or small children they want their birds to be able to escape from. Others want their bird reliant on them for transport. Then their are birds who either have injuries to their wing or are just poor fliers/can't fly. There are just so many circumstances and factors it has to go case by case whether clipping is or is not better for each individual domestic situation.

Hows that for staying neutral on a controversial subject:D

OP
Mariahh0721

Mariahh0721

May 9, 2013
Milan,mi
Parrots
Sun conure "Akiro"
Indian ring neck "Ollie"
Indian ring neck "kiwi"
Green cheek conure "squeakers"
CAG"Barney"
I just didn't know if I was aloud due to consent purposes because I have thought about doing that

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I just didn't know if I was aloud due to consent purposes because I have thought about doing that

Contact each individual by prvt so there's no argument discussions going on off the main forum. That solves your issue!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Contact each individual by prvt so there's no argument discussions going on off the main forum. That solves your issue!

Great idea Michael
Lets keep this a low keyed as possible.
Many members will willingly answer the question about clipping in pm's

:grey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts