I think I almost puked

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
This is a REAL AD on alaskaslist. I nearly puked reading it. I will let the add stand for itself

He is a beautiful Solomon Island Eclectus boy that is healthy. He is blind in one eye and can only see movement out of the other eye. If you are looking for a beautiful bird that is not a lot of hassle look no further. If you are wanting a large parrot but don't have personal time for him this is the one for you. He doesn't pluck feathers and he is not destructive. He only chews on a toy every once in a while so you will not have to be spending money on bird toys every week like you do with most large parrots. He is very quiet like most Eclectus and mostly makes cute sounds. I don't think I have ever heard him scream. If you want a parrot in your house for looks He is the one. he mostly sits on the perch and looks beautiful or Flaps his wings or climbs around the cage to get exercise. He was a breeding bird and had beautiful babies but was shipped up to Alaska last year. If you bought a Eclectus elsewhere you would have to pay $1000 to $1500 and pay shipping cost. This price is very reasonable. He is not hand tame. He would be the perfect show piece bird for someone that wants a parrot but doesn't have time for one. The Green on in the picture is Him. It is an old Picture and I will try to get a better one if you are interested. He is about 10-14 years old. They live to be about 30-60 depending on different sources. They better they are feed the longer they live.

Alaska's List : Alaska : Birds : Gorgeous Eclectus Parrot

Oh. My. God. How could ANYONE advertise a poor bird like that???

all I can think of is he doesn't scream YET
He doesn't pluck YET
He is not destructive YET

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, they are setting him up for more of a boring, horrible life. So sad:( I wish I could take him.

JennHacken

Dec 23, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Gus: 6yr old, Peach-Fronted Conure
The previous owners of my conure pretty much described him to me like that! I was told he doesn't like people or new things so all you have to do is feed him and he'll be fine. I was told he doesn't like to play, and just will sit there and do nothing all day!

In all the reading I've done, and all the videos I've watched about conures, my Gus is pretty boring. but it's made it that much more exciting when he actually acts like a bird and not a statue. I hope the eclectus finds a good home!

OP
SpotsandSally

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
I wish I could too, but he's a 6 hour drive away, and money we don't have. :( he's such a pretty bird. Only to think some people might adopt him, stick a single toy and perch in his cage, brag about him until he starts screaming, plucking and then complain how they were sold a bird with problems.

makes me so sad :(

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
That's a disgrace. I hope he finds an amazing home with someone who understands birds before someone gullible buys him as an ornament =( just amazing how people can be so heartless. Truly heartbreaking.

Most Reactions