I think I am making some progress!

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
Hey all,

Well, I think I am making some progress with Jasper, my male pineapple GCC. I have 2- Jasper the male and Jade, the female. Jade is a love most of the time and has been since I got them. Jasper on the other hand is very shy. He is always "high and tight" and will eventually crawl onto me, but isn't near as sure as Jade is.

Well, today I had them out on their play gym. After a while I got them off and put them onto the couch so they could play there and look out the window. I went over to the other couch as I had my grandson sound asleep in my arms. Jade decided she wanted some "mama time" and got very upset that I was NOT on the couch with her. She finally figured out how to climb down off of the one she was on and climbed up to me for some snuggles. Well, Jasper followed as he usually does. He doesn't really come to me for any kind of attention though. Well, the next thing I knew- Jasper had crawled up behind my next, under my hair and snuggled there. He even let me scritch his head and then he tongued my fingers some. I was SO happy. Of course, once he came out when Jade harassed him he went back to his "normal" self- hahaha. I do felt as if we made progress though! He is also taking treats from my hands much more readily now too.

It is SO hard to be patient- especially when Jade is so friendly! I will persevere though!

On a separate note- it is so much fun to see them play on their play gym- they hang upside down, rough house with each other, eventually come down to eat some sprouts from the crocks or water. I really do adore these little birds...

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
how nice! good luck!:)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
You are doing a splendid job, patients is the key, when they are ready and willing, things will surprisingly happen.
Keep up the great work.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
sorry, was kinda rushed for that post lol. i wanted to say great job! that must be so rewarding, it sounds like he will come around soon! good luck:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts