I think she's happier now

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I brought home a 1 1/2 year old severe macaw on May 16 2015....six days after I lost my doolie (Yellow nape Amazon) to a stroke. I wasn't ready but this little one needed me....she was on sunflowerseeds and crack corn..colors dull and thin..oh and a big scardy cat of all things . Nowadays I can pick her up and we play and laugh for hours..she actually started bobbing her head to music today ..big break through.still having a hard time with getting her to eat new things. I've included an attachment photo...if it doesn't work I've included some new photos in my profile...
just want to share and say thanks to everyone giving me advice and helping me with my new journey.

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
She is a beautiful macaw. Does she have a name yet? I'm glad she is starting to come out of her shell and warm up to you:) I know there will obviously never be a way to replace Doolie, but perhaps the universe knew how much you were hurting and sent thins little darling your way.

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
We are hoping to get the dna test back this week...right now we call her...sissy...becuz she's scared of everything. And thanks,I think your right, she has brought me some much needed happiness in that department.

Last edited:

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
She/he looks great! So glad you found each other.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
What a beautiful bird! I'm glad you're getting to know each other and everything is going so well.

Most Reactions